Planning waypoint high on a hill

Reaction score
I want to fly over my local town from the highest point (hilltop) if I plan my map at the hilltop at say 100 ft and the valley houses at 100 ft does the phantom 3A take into consideration the fall of ground cheers Ciaran

So if I want to fly down hill I have to put a -100 on the waypoint and keep it at minis , how can I judge my high from the ground regards Ciaran

You'd have to manually fly it to a lower elevation and note it's altitude from there (take care, altitudes are not always accurate so add a buffer to be safe).

Reactions: Ciaran
Wow it's lucky I asked so thanks very much again you've been a great help

Ciaran, you can use google earth to plan a waypoint mission and import into litchi there is a very good you tube video explains how to do it. Search google earth, litchi waypoints. This gives you waypoints relative to ground.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi Ciaran

Google earth will give you fairly accurate topography, if you have Litchi look at the following tutorial:-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regards
Waylander

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
That is a awesome video. I havn't tried it but will soon. Good find!

Reactions: Les Davidson
When you click on properties after saving in Google earth you can alter the height up or down on all waypoints with one click. No more flying into hills or tall trees.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers