Places to get music and audio for your drone footage - free

Reaction score
Hello Phantomers again!

I’ve received in the past few months many many questions asking where I get my music from or the audio effects that I use in my videos and if they are free to use (royalty free) or have creative commons. Well I’ve made this lecture about the websites that I use and to show everyone where I get my soundtrack clips from.

Hope this video helps many people and it’s an answer to all of your questions :)

Thanks!
Alex

Reactions: Norval
Thanks for the links. I insert copyrighted music for my own P3P videos. That takes quite a lot of time even when I thoroughly know my favorite music to begin with...

I have some P3P videos that I'd like to share. So just yesterday I spent a while on Free Music Archive (FMA) trying to find non-copyrighted music.

But it was quite time-consuming... Is it possible to skim/skip the FMA tracks, say, 30-60 seconds to get a quick idea how it progresses?

...or is it possible to pay a reasonable fee to use copyrighted music on video clips? No?

Reactions: Alex Assenmacher
...or is it possible to pay a reasonable fee to use copyrighted music on video clips? No?

I asked a company about using one of their songs and they offered to sell me the rights for $1500.00 for a one time use... Yuk... You can use it on a few videos but YouTube will eventually shut you down if you get to many videos on your channel with copyrighted music. I have just a few myself because I got to that point where I had to take them off or be shut down. The good thing about YouTube is that they tell you exactly where you stand with the copyrighted music and you can add a video with more as long as you take one down as well after you get to that point but they keep them all listed on your video manager infringement page for you. If you just have a few it's no big deal but the owner of the song will put adds on your video where you use their song.

Isn't copyright only really an issue if you try to monetise rather than just on a personal YouTube account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youtube removes monatization on any videos i upload which are copyrighted.

I asked a company about using one of their songs and they offered to sell me the rights for $1500.00 for a one time use... Yuk... You can use it on a few videos but YouTube will eventually shut you down if you get to many videos on your channel with copyrighted music. I have just a few myself because I got to that point where I had to take them off or be shut down. The good thing about YouTube is that they tell you exactly where you stand with the copyrighted music and you can add a video with more as long as you take one down as well after you get to that point but they keep them all listed on your video manager infringement page for you. If you just have a few it's no big deal but the owner of the song will put adds on your video where you use their song.

Yeah, I made a long video with Pink Floyd's and Tom Petty's versions of Learning to Fly and it told me everyone would get ads. No big deal. The only people looking at my videos are my family and my one friend in Oklahoma.

Edit: When doing precise editing, btw, I notice YouTube's videos are about a millisecond behind where the audio should be. So when you are supposed see the Osprey on it's branch and then Pink Floyd's first note hits just as he flies off it's annoyingly off on YouTube.

Nocopyrightsounds on Youtube is a great place to get electronic music to use in any type of video. And you're allowed to monetize!

Hi friends,
it's not actually if you want to monetize or not. It's more a matter of use of that music/song. You may not monetize that video but you may attract people to your channel, monetize other videos etc.
What I want to say, for example on the links that I gave you is that there is music allowed to use even if it's monetized or not. It's just a choice of the original author, if they give us the permission to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj