picture lag

Reaction score
Using both the DJI App and the Kahn app for Android I am getting a momentary freezing of the screen for a few seconds on my Samsung tablet. Is it a problem with the app software or should I refresh the firmware on the Phantom? If it is the firmware that needs refreshing could anybody explain the process for doing it. I can find only upgrading on the net.

Do not fully understand your question. Is it when you take a photo the screen looks like a shutter that closes & goes blank for a few moments? If so that is normal as the card is being written to. The FPV is blank. as the camera is busy. If you take a jpeg, it will be momentarily. If you take a raw image, it will be blank for up to 6-7 seconds. Or is it another problem?

Sorry badly phrased. The problem which has only just happened is that when viewing the picture from the quadcopter on my tablet it keeps freezing. Normally the picture has been very smooth giving a real time view form the Phantom. Now it will freeze only picking up some seconds later which makes positioning quite difficult. I was wondering whether I needed to refresh the software or the Vision App.

Aaah, I understand. Mine is smooth but recently I was flying out about 1500' & was getting some jerkeyness to the FPV. It did not go out but was kinda freezing for a few frames or so. I just attributed it to being so far out with video feed going. What do you have your preview set to? From what I have read, If it is set too high, you will get some of what you are describing.

Last edited:
Right I have just downloaded the latest version. I will set preview lower and try that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic