Photoshop and Fisheye removal.

Does anyone have an opinion on how the lens correction in DXO Optics Pro 9 stands up to Photoshop CC?

Do you guys find it *extremely* slow to remove the fisheye and export a video from photoshop using the dji lens filter?

Its not even 1080 res, i ws trying a 3minute 720p video, and its taken over 30minutes for the whole filtering and export...

This is on a macbook pro with SSD and 16gb ram, 2.6ghz i7... Will try on my mac pro in the office tomorrow but its seeming excruciatingly slow... nothing else is running on the machine intensively and it looks like a 30-50min video could take many many hours or even days to fix??

Yes, Photoshop does the correction quickly enough (although I honestly think the profile doesn't fit the PV2+ camera for video; it removes fisheye, but the center becomes concave), but exporting takes quite a bit.
Of course, that was on my Macbook. I haven't tried it on my more-powerful desktop PC.

Don't forget that your Macbook doesn't have the strongest video card, and Photoshop CAN take advantage of that hardware (though I don't know if it does for video rendering - you'd think so, though).

Understood and makes full sense :)

Do you know of any other software which I can try? maybe something a bit "lighter" just for the lens filtering?

I found that with some tinkerig on the values some of my videos improved greatly.... but im still figr\uring our best camera settings

ilovecoffee said:
FYI here is the lens correction profile that DJI used to offer on their site for download in case you are having issues with your version of Photoshop
https://mega.co.nz/#!GsliFZhR!2pMW0g-ng ... N_dINQl7ak

Do you know if this is any different than the profile included in recent Adobe Camera RAW updates? It was my understanding that DJI stopped offering it because it's assumed you'd already have it.

Morgon said:
ilovecoffee said:
FYI here is the lens correction profile that DJI used to offer on their site for download in case you are having issues with your version of Photoshop

Do you know if this is any different than the profile included in recent Adobe Camera RAW updates? It was my understanding that DJI stopped offering it because it's assumed you'd already have it.

Fairly certain it's the same!

ilovecoffee said:
Morgon said:
ilovecoffee said:

Fairly certain it's the same!

The profile DJI offered for download was a kind of "beta" quality and it was only for JPG. Adobe release contains profile also for DNG.

AnselA said:
The profile DJI offered for download was a kind of "beta" quality and it was only for JPG. Adobe release contains profile also for DNG.

You can use that lens correction profiles on any type of image. I still use the one DJI offered. Works with DNGs all the same.

ilovecoffee said:
AnselA said:

You can use that lens correction profiles on any type of image. I still use the one DJI offered. Works with DNGs all the same.

Both PS and LR are using separate profiles for RAW and JPG.

DJI distributed FC200 lens correction profile had a code line:

stCamera:CameraRawProfile="False"

if that was hacked to

stCamera:CameraRawProfile="True"

Then PS or LR regocnised it as a "RAW" profile. However when Adobe published "official" profiles for FC200 they were result of more careful profile making process than the one DJI distributed. I had email correspondence with Adobe support about this issue, early this year.

Please read your profile files and notice the differencies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik