Photoshop and Fisheye removal.

Reaction score
anyone else using Photoshop to remove the fisheye with lens correction?

The DJI phantom 2 vision lens profile make the video better however it does not fully remove the distortion out around the edges. Anyone else notice this?

hwb2107 said:
MikesTooLz said:
anyone else using Photoshop to remove the fisheye with lens correction?

The DJI phantom 2 vision lens profile make the video better however it does not fully remove the distortion out around the edges. Anyone else notice this?

Do you mean there is an existing profile for Photoshop for the Phantom 2? Or were you referring to the lens setting itself?

Regardless, I have been doing lens correction manually with the Photoshop filter. Seems to work very well. The only way to eliminate 100% of fish eye is to crop a portion of the image as well.

Yes, the latest versions of photoshop (CS6 or CC) have built in lens correction for DJI Phantom Vision under lens filters.

Here is a video that was loaded into photoshop cc, I applied the DJI Phantom 2 Vision lens filter and then exported. It looks much better however you can tell there is still some distortion around the edges. (I did not crop the video.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VeR-t8K1k[/youtube]

I just try ProDad to remove the fisheye in the video, I will see the result tonight, will update you.

I use the FC200 lens profile in Lightroom. Works great. I like that you can dial in correction from 0 to 200%.

does anyone have the lens correction file? i have photoshop cs6, but doesnt have the profile... (the got photoshop pre vision days)

Alib said:
does anyone have the lens correction file? i have photoshop cs6, but doesnt have the profile... (the got photoshop pre vision days)

Make sure that the adobe updater is installed on your computer. It should see the ACR 8.4 update, which includes the FC200 lens profile. There isn't a separate download link that I can find.

tubino said:
I use the FC200 lens profile in Lightroom. Works great. I like that you can dial in correction from 0 to 200%.

You can only use profile for stills in Lightroom, unless I'm missing something, you can't apply to video in Lightroom.

tubino said:

Hello Pilots,
I have an embarassing experience on the Lens profile using Adobe softwares:

I used Lightroom and Photoshop to correct the wide angle distortion from the image made by the Phantom.
I used the same (the one that exists) Lens profile in both softwares, so I think I should get the same result as a corrected image.

I have different results after correcting the lens distortion. How could that happen?

rob.apjok said:
tubino said:

Hello Pilots,

I used Lightroom and Photoshop to correct the wide angle distortion from the image made by the Phantom.
I used the same (the one that exists) Lens profile in both softwares, so I think I should get the same result as a corrected image.

I have different results after correcting the lens distortion. How could that happen?

Which SW versions you used? Did you correct JPG or DNG?

AnselA said:
rob.apjok said:
tubino said:

Hello Pilots,

Which SW versions you used? Did you correct JPG or DNG?

Lightroom 5.4
Photoshop CC (14.2.1)
Both are trials from original website, downloaded today.

I used the same JPG.

I am waiting for your answer thanks!

rob.apjok said:
Lightroom 5.4
Photoshop CC (14.2.1)

I used the same JPG.

I have LR5.4 and CS5, different setup than you. However I'll get similar results from LR and CS, although they use different versions of ACR.

AnselA said:
rob.apjok said:
Lightroom 5.4
Photoshop CC (14.2.1)

I used the same JPG.

I have LR5.4 and CS5, different setup than you. However I'll get similar results from LR and CS, although they use different versions of ACR.

You mean, I should search for the solution in the Camera Raw plugin settings?

rob.apjok said:
AnselA said:
rob.apjok said:
Lightroom 5.4
Photoshop CC (14.2.1)

I used the same JPG.

You mean, I should search for the solution in the Camera Raw plugin settings?

I would contact Adobe support, but they will ask for more specific description how the results are different.

Really good lens correction. Better than I get with my system. Ideal subject to film.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj