Photos: Phantom 3 Standard (P3S) camera disassembled

Reaction score
Since I don't think anybody has posted pictures of a disassembled P3S camera, here are some for reference. I disassembled mine after the appearance of a speck of dust on the sensor.

CAUTION: The most significant difference I can tell (aside from the removable lens cover on the P3A and P3P) is the existence of 2 circuit boards: the sensor board itself (only attached to the lens), and a second board attached to both the ribbon and the enclosure lid, so be careful when removing the lid, or you will damage the ribbon.

When putting the camera back together, there's a strong change your image will be partially out of focus. Follow the procedure on this thread to slightly adjust the position of the sensor in relation to the lens: Advanced - Blur/Focus problem in images? How to easily fix it on the P3 Advanced

full

full

full

full

full

Did you end up with any parts left over?

Thank you for sharing your experience here. What did you clean the sensor with?

Only a few screws. :D I just used an ear syringe to blow the dust off the sensor; I did not touch the sensor at all.

Cleaning the sensor was easy. It's getting the camera focus right that's tricky. My camera already had a soft left side from factory, so I hope it's better now. I'll test tomorrow with decent light.

Only a few screws. :D I just used an ear syringe to blow the dust off the sensor; I did not touch the sensor at all.

Cleaning the sensor was easy. It's getting the camera focus right that's tricky. My camera already had a soft left side from factory, so I hope it's better now. I'll test tomorrow with decent light.

Well Done!

Reactions: mexico
When I opened my camera I didn't see those 4 screws that can adjust the sensor. Maybe because the second board was in front of it? I've sent my drone back to repairs to fix the blurry video, but they didn't do anything with it, they just replaced my shell that had a few cracks.

When I opened my camera I didn't see those 4 screws that can adjust the sensor. Maybe because the second board was in front of it? I've sent my drone back to repairs to fix the blurry video, but they didn't do anything with it, they just replaced my shell that had a few cracks.
My video is blurry to, talked to dji yesterday and they told me to send it for repair. That's bad that they didn't do anything with your camera.

Reactions: Pashasdad
My video is blurry to, talked to dji yesterday and they told me to send it for repair. That's bad that they didn't do anything with your camera.

I have contacted support again and told them that my camera wasn't repaired and they told me to send it back again, this time with the shipping paid by them.

Reactions: Axan
I have contacted support again and told them that my camera wasn't repaired and they told me to send it back again, this time with the shipping paid by them.
Ok that's nice. How long took the "repair"? [emoji16]

A month, with me messaging support at every stage in the case, or else it would still be on their shelves lol Now I have a priority RMA, so hopefully it will be sent back to me quicker with a good camera.
Ok thanks for the info. I have seen many samples from people's P3S at YouTube with the same blurry quality. But also many samples with very nice and not blurry quality. Maybe a big batch was produced with bad cameras

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic