Photogrammetry Elevation Capture Explanation

Reaction score
Hi

Is there a quick, accurate, correct and simple way to understand and explain how a drone captures elevation data through photogrammetry?

I understand its all got to do with GPS, The drones IMU / Processor and the machine takes into account the photos width & length plus altitude taken etc.

How do I quickly and fastly explain how we get elevation data from photographs?

Thanks

This is no help. Absolutely zero info given here

Easy there bud. Just because someone didn't give you 5 pages of explanations and give you an Assoc Degree in Photogrammetry doesn't mean they gave you no information.

While it may not be exactly what you wanted/expected it was information and it was VERY accurate and it answered your question.

When you go asking for help/guidance you may want to be just a tad bit nicer or the replies might get shorter and.........

Easy there bud. Just because someone didn't give you 5 pages of explanations and give you an Assoc Degree in Photogrammetry doesn't mean they gave you no information.

While it may not be exactly what you wanted/expected it was information and it was VERY accurate and it answered your question.

When you go asking for help/guidance you may want to be just a tad bit nicer or the replies might get shorter and.........

What about my message was not easy? All i simply stated was that zero information was given. Which is an almost accurate statement. Yes I suppose I was wrong about zero information given and I apologize for that however very little info i suppose would have been a more accurate statement.

I havent been having much luck on a couple questions lately on this website and i think its the only website available. A little frustrated and need answers asap.

I dont believe however that it answered my question :(

What about my message was not easy? All i simply stated was that zero information was given. Which is an almost accurate statement. Yes I suppose I was wrong about zero information given and I apologize for that however very little info i suppose would have been a more accurate statement.

I havent been having much luck on a couple questions lately on this website and i think its the only website available. A little frustrated and need answers asap.

I dont believe however that it answered my question :(

Maybe you might consider an attitude adjustment? Or, if you have an urgent business need, you could offer to pay for assistance rather than expecting instant gratification for free and then complaining when your poorly-worded question is misinterpreted by people trying to help you.

Reactions: Ansia and BigAl07
Ok you asked:

"Is there a quick, accurate, correct and simple way to understand and explain how a drone captures elevation data through photogrammetry? "

and @Meta4 answered:

"The camera records GPS and altitude data in the Exif info that's part of each image file. "

That's EXACTLY the right answer and it was quick and to the point.

Maybe try refining your answer more because I don't think there is a more accurate and quick answer than you one already provided.

And for future reference, if someone doesn't have an answer they usually won't reply. It's not a personal situation against you etc it's just no one is able to answer your questions if you're not getting replies. I've looked at each of your previous questions and every single one of them has been answered and answered as detailed as possible. Maybe the "Easy Answers" have yet to be discovered or created for your questions. That's no fault of the forum or our membership. Some questions you just have to dig in and answer for yourself.

Reactions: Ansia and sar104
Maybe you might consider an attitude adjustment? Or, if you have an urgent business need, you could offer to pay for assistance rather than expecting instant gratification for free and then complaining when your poorly-worded question is misinterpreted by people trying to help you.
Ok Jesus Christ I said I was sorry and I acknowledged my mistakes.

Reactions: sar104
Ok you asked:

"Is there a quick, accurate, correct and simple way to understand and explain how a drone captures elevation data through photogrammetry? "

and @Meta4 answered:

"The camera records GPS and altitude data in the Exif info that's part of each image file. "

That's EXACTLY the right answer and it was quick and to the point.

Maybe try refining your answer more because I don't think there is a more accurate and quick answer than you one already provided.

And for future reference, if someone doesn't have an answer they usually won't reply. It's not a personal situation against you etc it's just no one is able to answer your questions if you're not getting replies. I've looked at each of your previous questions and every single one of them has been answered and answered as detailed as possible. Maybe the "Easy Answers" have yet to be discovered or created for your questions. That's no fault of the forum or our membership. Some questions you just have to dig in and answer for yourself.
Ok well thanks and once again I apologize for my frustration and incorrect wording. Ill think through my future questions in more depth and ill openly welcome any replies with a smile on my face. Thanks again

Reactions: sar104 and BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT