Philly - night and day difference

Reaction score
Just contrasting P4P shots of the Philly skyline from the Camden waterfront - great reflections off the calm water, almost looks like a painting to me. All auto setting, no color grading. Night shot could be clearer, but still liked the comparison.

Attachments

• 20210326_163017.jpg
    20210326_163017.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 195
The night one is more attractive but both have pretty much noise. What was the aperture, time and ISO.
Maybe ISO at night shot was set too high.
For night shots the aperture should not be very much open. If you close it to let say 8 this would result in longer exp. time but if no wind this should not be a problem. And set the exp. compensation at least to -1 or -2 even if there are many shining objects..
Sorry for these instructions. I don't know you. Maybe you already know all that.

Reactions: Heckmaniac
The night one is more attractive but both have pretty much noise. What was the aperture, time and ISO.
For night shots the aperture should not be very much open. If you close it to let say 8 this would result in longer exp. time but if no wind this should not be a problem. And set the exp. compensation at least to -1 or -2 even if there are many shining objects..
Sorry for these instructions. I don't know you. Maybe you already know all that.
Thanks - as mentioned in the description - all settings were auto and don't recall what those settings ended up being. Definitely lots to still learn if im going to shoot in manual mode.

?

That's good observations for the rest of us, whether or not the OP was aware of those facts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic