PhantomPilots app doesn't connect on cell carrier

Reaction score
Downloaded the phantompilots forum app on my galaxy S7 and registered. Can log in, navigate, read and post if I'm connected to wifi but can't do anything when only on the AT&T cell service 4G. Noticed that even when I use the Samsung web browser that I can't view the forum either. Again this is only when on the cell phone network(LTE) that it doesn't work.
Any ideas what's going on here? Any other forum or web page can be accessed when on 4G LTE.
Can't get on the wifi service at work but would like to participate through my cell carrier.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum E.T. .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere and hopefully someone here has an answer on that for you
as I haven't a clue, sorry . :)

This is common, not just with the forum app but when connecting to the full site over AT&T. I have no trouble connecting over wifi, nor with my Verizon iPhone, but neither of my iPads (using AT&T cell service) will connect to either the PhantomPilots or the MavicPilots sites when using a cellular connection instead of wifi. These site are the only ones that I use that have this problem. It's also a problem with AT&T Uverse routers. IIUC, it's this website's host that is rejectingit the AT&T DNS. Looking around Google, there are other sites that have the same odd behavior with AT&T, usually hosted out of foreign and/or third-world countries, but these two sites are the only ones that I use where AT&T is a no-go.

This is a frustrating problem for a lot of people, but I don't know of a website or forum that has ever been willing or able to fix the problem.

Last edited:
This is common, not just with the forum app but when connecting to the full site over AT&T. I have no trouble connecting over wifi, nor with my Verizon iPhone, but neither of my iPads (using AT&T cell service) will connect to either the PhantomPilots or the MavicPilots sites when using a cellular connection instead of wifi. These site are the only ones that I use that have this problem. It's also a problem with AT&T Uverse routers. IIUC, it's this website's host that is rejectingit the AT&T DNS. Looking around Google, there are other sites that have the same odd behavior with AT&T, usually hosted out of foreign and/or third-world countries, but these two sites are the only ones that I use where AT&T is a no-go.

This is a frustrating problem for a lot of people, but I don't know of a website or forum that has ever been willing or able to fix the problem.
Thanks for the info Mac. It is frustrating. I almost wonder if it would work going through a proxy server. I know of proxy servers but don't have any experience.

Thanks for the welcome. Guess I should introduce myself. I thought I posted this in the off topic forum,, ooops. My name is Gabriel from Indiana. I've had a huge interest in UAV but haven't taken the plunge yet. I'm currently waiting on the P4P to hit Best Buy so I can pick up my 1st. I'm trying to hold off but it's getting hard seeing some of the online suppliers having them in stock! I'm getting excited and may go with one of the online stores.
I'm new to UAV but have been into RC trucks, boats and planes but it's the aerial photography aspect that has me really interested in UAV.
Yes I'm aware of all the rules and regulations as I am currently a certified private pilot so I'm familiar with FAA regulations, responsibilities, etc.
Also considering pre-ordering Polar Pro filters, a back pack and 128 Gb micro SD card tonight just to get prepared.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20