Phantom4 v/s Phantom4 Pro

Return it if you can. The pro has a uber great camera according to most people here. It'/ basically an inspire 2camera on a phantom

Here are the main differences as described in the P4P FAQ:

The Phantom 4 Pro redefines the iconic Phantom series, bringing imaging and intelligence to new heights. Its uprated camera shoots 4K/60fps at a bitrate of 100Mbps and stills up to 20-megapixels, creating dramatically better images. The FlightAutonomy system adds dual rear vision sensors and two Time of Flight range imaging cameras for a total of 5 directions of obstacle sensing with a range of up to 30m in all directions. The upgraded Lightbridge HD video transmission system offers an extended maximum transmission range of 4.3mi (7km) and also enables you to switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. It can also be used with an optional integrated monitor for even more reliable transmission. Operators are also further empowered with a new suite of ActiveTrack and TapFly functions. The aircraft’s Intelligent Flight Battery also have increased capacity by 520mAh to enable an extended flight time of 30 minutes.

Before you rush back to return it, you might want to watch the comparison below to see a comparison of the video between the P4 and P4P.

Reactions: WillZX14R
As mentioned above, there are new ActiveTrack and TapFly functions. I doubt either would be useful for creating real estate videos.

But you can do some similar features by using litchi on your p4 though. The possible slow mo shots on the p4p looks amazing though

Thanks for all your input and the comparison video! I think for what I need it for the Phantom 4 is going to serve me well once I weigh the cost difference and so on. I would have really liked to had the better camera and more sensors. Being totally new to this I'm sure I'll have lots of questions later, loving this group already!

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Everybody parses the cost/value equation differently, but I can't envision not getting the Phantom 4 Pro if the thing is going to be used in any kind of photographic endeavor. When you add in the more advanced Lightbridge technology (better range), the enhanced flight modes, and the likelihood that other subsystems in the drone itself have likely been improved (but not necessarily advertised), I think that returning the P4 for a P4P is an obvious choice. As I see it. From my perspective. I don't think there's any question that the P4P is a better, more capable drone. Whether or not its significant improvements are worth the extra $500 to you is a decision only you can make. That certainly are for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20