Phantom won’t switch on properly

Reaction score
Website
www.tonestepa.com
I bought a Phantom 2 just before the first lockdown. i wish I had checked it out properly then but as I didn’t think I’d be able to get out to fly I waited. Whenever I try to switch it on, the tones sound and lights flash (sometimes) but then it just goes dead. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I bought a Phantom 2 just before the first lockdown. i wish I had checked it out properly then but as I didn’t think I’d be able to get out to fly I waited. Whenever I try to switch it on, the tones sound and lights flash (sometimes) but then it just goes dead. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
My guess is that the battery is toast. Have you tried more than one battery?

Try software updates first then re bind the controller to the phantom. Might be worth going into advance settings on phantom assist software and doing a full MUI calibration as if this is too far out it may prevent power up. Hope that helps a bit.

The lockdown never stopped me from flying my P4P because I don't fly in crowds or even near people. Perhaps the rules were different where you live. When I saw "Phantom 2" a flag did go up. They're getting on in age now and the battery (as already noted) plus the circuitry could be breaking down. Check the software and firmware updates, re-calibrate everything, test the battery(s). Other than that, I dunno. They don't make for good anchors or door stops and a little big for a paperweight.

No updates until you check the battery. You can not do any updates anyway without the batt.
And yes! Why should the lockdown stops somebody to fly? It is the best time to fly actually. You can do that in places which are usually overcrowded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31