Phantom radios - Unique or Different?

Reaction score
Can a Phantom radio used to fly a v1.1.1 Phantom be used to fly a different v1.1.1 Phantom and/or a v1.2.1 Phantom?

If so, wouldn't multiple Phantom radios interfere with each other if used simultaneously at the same flying field?

Each radio is "bound" to the receiver its working with.

1.1 and 1.1.1 use Dbus radios.

1.2 and 1.2.1 use PPM radios.

I imagine 1.1 and 1.1.1 could be interchangeable, and 1.2 and 1.2.1 could be. Perhaps not between the two different types though.

All the best

Simon

if the radio was bound to the transmitter and the bonding takes would it not be safe, the radio and transmitter are both using 2.4 g. I am not up to much on R.F of the Phantom radio but I am assuming they both use Spektrum modulation.

chopperflyer said:
if the radio was bound to the transmitter and the bonding takes would it not be safe, the radio and transmitter are both using 2.4 g.

I think I'm missing your point here. What do you mean?

Great question! I would like to know the answer too. I'm having issues with my channel 7 for pitch tilt and can not get a answer from 3 different forums!! So I figured maybe its the tx and would not want to spend big money to find out by buying a Fatuba or Spektrum so want to purchase a stock transmitter. Only thing is would it be safe to bind it with my Phantom with out having issue or fly away which are suddenly becoming more common.?

Dereyes Films said:
Great question! I would like to know the answer too. I'm having issues with my channel 7 for pitch tilt and can not get a answer from 3 different forums!! So I figured maybe its the tx and would not want to spend big money to find out by buying a Fatuba or Spektrum so want to purchase a stock transmitter. Only thing is would it be safe to bind it with my Phantom with out having issue or fly away which are suddenly becoming more common.?

I'm slowly learning what the differences are between the Phantom radios but its a slow process. Apart from Phantomman's reply, no one has to date posted a reply. I suspect that either DJI hasn't released enough technical spec's to discern "all" the differences between both radios or that they have decided not to make this information public.

Maybe we can help each other. Describe exactly what you mean by "I'm having issues with my Channel 7...".

By the way, I wouldn't assume that a binding issue is at the root of many of the reported fly-aways you might have read about. I suspect that many of these incidents are caused by Phantom owners not correctly following (or mis-understanding) software/firmware upgrading instructions. There are some really good posts on YouTube that support this...

Dereyes Films said:
I'm curious as well as to what issue you are having with the tilt. I am having one myself, reference my thread here.
I have been considering trying the DIY pot modification in an effort to just getting it to work. If I do, I might risk voiding any warranty, however.

Pilot_FML said:
Dereyes Films said:

I'm slowly learning what the differences are between the Phantom radios but its a slow process. Apart from Phantomman's reply, no one has to date posted a reply. I suspect that either DJI hasn't released enough technical spec's to discern "all" the differences between both radios or that they have decided not to make this information public.

Maybe we can help each other. Describe exactly what you mean by "I'm having issues with my Channel 7...".

By the way, I wouldn't assume that a binding issue is at the root of many of the reported fly-aways you might have read about. I suspect that many of these incidents are caused by Phantom owners not correctly following (or mis-understanding) software/firmware upgrading instructions. There are some really good posts on YouTube that support this...
When I go in Naza assistant my X1 slider move continously from left to right with out touching anything.

labmansid said:
Dereyes Films said:
I'm curious as well as to what issue you are having with the tilt. I am having one myself, reference my thread here.
I have been considering trying the DIY pot modification in an effort to just getting it to work. If I do, I might risk voiding any warranty, however.
Is the blue light blinking on your Tarot Gimbal board?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20