Phantom production change

Reaction score
I was told DJI is making a production modification to their Phantom 3's already. I don't know exactly what the modification is, but I'm told DJI shipments won't have the update for about 30 days. Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? If yes, do you know what the modification is?

Hopefully slightly thicker plastic around those screw locations...
That would be awesome, and prevent those nasty cracks from appearing.

RedHotPoker

My guess is the compass, I have long thought its to sensitive and genuinely thought a number of times the next generation P3 will have a improved compass, along with a new VPS. Only time will tell, I will get one if they announce a new compass system that's for sure.

If rumour be true I will probably be able to find more info tomorrow if this is the case or not. Seems a little soon tho to be honest, I was thinking six months and we are at about the 3 month mark now so who knows. Anyone else had wind of it.

Hopefully slightly thicker plastic around those screw locations...
That would be awesome, and prevent those nasty cracks from appearing.

RedHotPoker
Remember when the cracks were showing up on the wings of Boeing 727's some years ago.

Yeah, I'm with you on the HDMI port. I'd pay an extra $100 for that, even though it would only cost them $1 in production. That's a huge feature IMHO, and I'm sure they want to keep up with Solo, right? I gotta believe the PCB inside the controller for P3 is almost identical to the Inspire.

I would be shocked to see them add an HDMI port to a product that was just released. That would piss off every single person that preordered it... Not good. I can definitely see them adding it to the P3 accessory line though, for a lot of money.

This change will be a revision of some kind to the design. I'm sure it won't be obvious from the outside either.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsPapa
Yeah, you're probably right about getting HDMI very soon on the P3. I'm going to tear an Inspire 1 controller apart to see how similar the PCB's are. You never know, HDMI may be a planned P3 upgrade later that's already designed into the P3 controller PCB. I'm hoping there's a header available to plug an HDMI patch cable onto just like the Inspire 1 controller likely has inside. Wishful thinking on my behalf, but if there's anyway to upgrade the controller with HDMI, I'll let everyone know.

Yeah, you're probably right about getting HDMI very soon on the P3. I'm going to tear an Inspire 1 controller apart to see how similar the PCB's are. You never know, HDMI may be a planned P3 upgrade later that's already designed into the P3 controller PCB. I'm hoping there's a header available to plug an HDMI patch cable onto just like the Inspire 1 controller likely has inside. Wishful thinking on my behalf, but if there's anyway to upgrade the controller with HDMI, I'll let everyone know.
DJI doesn't want every one inside the workings of their ships. That would be a disaster.

If you get an Inspire Tx. you can use it for your P3.

DJI will eventually sell the upgrade board for the P3 Tx.

There is a way to upgrade. I saw it yesterday on the forums. It looks pretty easy also.

Remember when the cracks were showing up on the wings of Boeing 727's some years ago.

Yup, then the 737 came out, with a wing thickener... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: AbsPapa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.