Phantom never has worked

Reaction score
The second I hook up the battery it begins beeping and never stops. The motors have NEVER turned a lick even with it hooked to my computer using the "motor test" function and certainly not using the controller. I have shipped it back to the seller and got it back to only find out it worked okay for them. Still does the same thing for me. The light sequence happens pretty fast but appears to be okay. Last year I was hit by a car and have some paralysis in my left side and my head injury removed me from being the tech geek I used to be.
My computer at home is windows "vista" and does not want to upgrade from nazm 2.18 to 4.0 but I think that the phantom is still supposed to work normally despite that. All help greatly appreciated.

What light sequence do you see when you plug in the battery? And can you describe the beeping...just a steady stream of the same tone over and over?

Also, do you have a 2nd batt to test with? Have you checked the level of the one(s) you're using?

It technically should be able to fly without you updating, but I wouldn't suggest it.

I blinks green a couple of times and then stays green the beeping is one loud continual same tone

I take the battery straight of the charger and the computer says it reads between 11.28 and 11.45 or so. I think thats good because the battery only claims to be a 1.1v on the dronefly label on the outside. I have never been happy with the charger's cantankerousness but do not believe this is my problem. Could still be though.

A fully charged 3S batt like that should read close to 12.6v. 11.28v is right around storage voltage (what you drain the battery to if you're not going to use it for a while).

Try a different charger, but the voltage you're reading there is what mine is at after landing due to the voltage warning.

sbt136 said:
The second I hook up the battery it begins beeping and never stops. The motors have NEVER turned a lick even with it hooked to my computer using the "motor test" function and certainly not using the controller. I have shipped it back to the seller and got it back to only find out it worked okay for them. Still does the same thing for me. The light sequence happens pretty fast but appears to be okay. Last year I was hit by a car and have some paralysis in my left side and my head injury removed me from being the tech geek I used to be.
My computer at home is windows "vista" and does not want to upgrade from nazm 2.18 to 4.0 but I think that the phantom is still supposed to work normally despite that. All help greatly appreciated.

That "beeping" is the low voltage warning. A fully charged battery should be in the 12.6 range - that beeping is because your battery is well into the low 11s or lower. Try charging battery for an hour or so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl