Phantom II Vision Plus 3.0 vs. Vision Plus

Reaction score
I'm sure others have commented on this, but I wanted to add my observations after having flown the two aircraft(one after the other) about a week ago.

I don't think there's any question the Vision Plus 3.0 is the better aircraft....for a number of reasons:
The motors are better designed with more substantial wiring and bearings.
The upgraded motors certainly provide greater lift because they generate 33% more power over the Vision Plus motors. Also, the newly designed props(with greater pitch angle in the blades) sure help with lift.

Nice to see improvements made to the compass: encased in its own compartment and better wiring.

The controller is upgraded and improved.
Rechargeable with LED battery status lights.
Nice.
Another improvement over the original controller is the rotary dial (on the left upper shoulder of the controller) which now allows you to more easily and smoothly control the camera gimbal.
Very good.

The Vision Plus 3.0 is a better performing aircraft. It's certainly faster and climbs better. I also found it even a bit more stable in flight.

The new props have a different sound as well.

The 3.0 represents a number of positive upgrades.

I could buy a VP3 right now if I wanted to, but there's no way on earth I'd want to be an 'early adopter' given DJIs 'carefree' attitude to beta testing on their customer base :)

Give me one of the last of the PV2+ V3 any day, and I'll wait for others to iron out all the VP3 bugs.

Also, I don't think that DJIs lead in the personal drone market is likely to be maintained, so there will be plenty of choices in the near future. - my personal choice would be a quad that doesn't use lock-in battery technology.

He's not talking about the P3 .. he's talking about the P2V+ v3
The Vision Plus 3.0 is a better performing aircraft. It's certainly faster and climbs better.
I'd be interested to see actual numbers for speed.
More powerful motors don't make a Phantom faster.
More tilt allowed by the flight controller makes a Phantom faster - and DJI didn't change that.

I see absolutely zero difference between my new p2v+ v3 compared with my old p2v non plus with extra weight of 3rd party gimbal and the bigger stock camera. No difference in lift speed or power. In actual fact I hate the video quality that comes from the p2v+ compared to the older camera even though they are supposed to be the same.

I see absolutely zero difference between my new p2v+ v3 compared with my old p2v non plus with extra weight of 3rd party gimbal and the bigger stock camera. No difference in lift speed or power. In actual fact I hate the video quality that comes from the p2v+ compared to the older camera even though they are supposed to be the same.
Each is certainly entitled to their opinion.
I've been flying every version of the Phantom since DJI first introduced them.
I can tell you absolutely the Phantom II Vision Plus 3.0 is quicker than the Vision Plus and certainly has greater lift.
Aside from the more powerful motors, the 3.0's newly designed propellers increase lift.

Aside from my opinion, check out several of the youtube videos that show how much more lift the 3.0 has compared to the Vision Plus.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31