Phantom 2 vision plus flip on takeoff

Reaction score
I
20200207_151157.jpg
20200207_151151.jpg
just received a Phantom 2 Vision Plus from a friend, and during liftoff it, everytime, flips over violently and all motors and props are correct. It flips towards the battery. I read online through some forums and found the following with an almost identical problem:

"I actually figured it out late last night and it was the motor wires plugging into the Naza were 180 degrees flipped. The motor directions were correct but it was telling the wrong Motors to spin to keep it leveled."
https ://forum.dji. com/forum.php?mod=post&action=newthread&fid=129

I think that my phantom 2 vision plus is having the same issue, I just don't know how to flip the motor wires back 180 degrees, in the same way as part above? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Reactions: jdelectric
Never had a plus but have had several visions and at the beginning mine would flip
till I learned to take it up fast like jump it up and not
ease it up.
Welcome to the forum.

If you notice on the motor wires(black/yellow/red)the color sequence is the same on two of the motors, and then the yellow and red are reversed on the other two. That’s how the motor direction is changed. The wires going to the Naza controller are, as I remember, only supposed to go in one way. Should be a small bevel on the corner of each plug and matching bevel on the Naza unit. Again, been a while on the Naza stuff, so, I’ve been wrong before!

Starz, thank you! you have saved me a tremendous amount of research and possibly money trying to figure this out, kudos to you! So do I unscrew the small rectangular circuit board leading to each propeller and align them in a different order or do I need to unsolder the wires and make them all in the same sequence?

Without more info and more pictures, I can’t say what the next step should be. It did not look to me like the wires from the motors to the esc’s had been fiddled with so I think if there is a motor direction issue, it’s somewhere else. A few pictures of the Naza fc will help to determine if those wires are possibly mixed up.

I'm wondering why they would have been switched around .The previous owner had to have been in there for some reason.

/Yeah I see zip ties but the esc's where they are soldered look like factory to me. But been awhile since I been in one though.

IView attachment 117098View attachment 117099 just received a Phantom 2 Vision Plus from a friend, and during liftoff it, everytime, flips over violently and all motors and props are correct. It flips towards the battery. I read online through some forums and found the following with an almost identical problem:

"I actually figured it out late last night and it was the motor wires plugging into the Naza were 180 degrees flipped. The motor directions were correct but it was telling the wrong Motors to spin to keep it leveled."

I think that my phantom 2 vision plus is having the same issue, I just don't know how to flip the motor wires back 180 degrees, in the same way as part above? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sorry im a bit confused, your motor wires (black yellow red) are all in the right order, when i have seen this issue it is the plug in the NAZA that has been put in the wrong way, it's the 4 wire plug that comes from the board and should have the red wire on the right side of the naza unit, the 4 wire sits underneath the top two in the middle set of pins, i can see the red wire is on the left in your picture

appf.jpg

it should look like this

appff.jpg

As I remember these connectors, isn’t there a couple of tabs on them that matches the small slots at the bottom of the controller?

IView attachment 117098View attachment 117099 just received a Phantom 2 Vision Plus from a friend, and during liftoff it, everytime, flips over violently and all motors and props are correct. It flips towards the battery. I read online through some forums and found the following with an almost identical problem:

I had the same exact problem on my first flight attempt with my P4P v2. Taking off manually, it would power on and sit idle OK but when I "put the coals to it" it would immediately flip over. Fortunately, I recognized something was wrong immediately and didn't keep trying hoping for a better result. The culprit was simply the IMF needed to be calibrated. Not sure if this helps with a P2 as I've never owned one but a complete re-calibration of the drone and remote would be the first thing I'd try.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31