Phantom help!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm having recent trouble with my P3Pro, if you watch the video it will become clear as to the problem.

Just some background for you all,
- Battery fully charged
- controller fully charged
- phantom has never been crashed. (16 months old, 20 flights)
- phone fully charged
- firmware up to date.
- nothing looks out of place (I.e wires connectors etc..)

If anybody has an ideas how to fix or a possible cause please enlighten me, it's so frustrating that I can't use it properly just as I am getting used to flying it well.

Thanks;

Tom

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How does the live video look in DJI GO while you're flying?

That could possibly be the positioning of your antennas standing directly underneath makes mine do that sometimes if I am not pointing the rc at the drone correctly

That's the video off the sd card yes? Not the cached video?

Did this issue start right after installing new firmware and/or a new version of DJI GO?

@HueJorgan

I hadn't tried the footage off the sd card directly until just a second a go. the footage is perfect from the sd card, I've just used a USB to watch it through my TV. thank you..
So why would it be distorted from the app to my phone? (Galaxy s7)
(Flamin good forum this is by the way people!)

The cached footage comes from a hd (lightbridge) signal sent from the phantom it's not the actual recorded footage

The signal sometimes goes a bit glitchy if u are not pointing your antenna correctly

No problem buddy

The footage that you capture on tablet is 720 p and affected by the network transmission. It's main purpose is to get you the live info of the aircraft at any time. It's not meant for later use. I never save tablet video as it makes no sense and if saved will occupy space of my tablet. Just view and ignore, no need to save.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The footage that you capture on tablet is 720 p and affected by the network transmission. It's main purpose is to get you the live info of the aircraft at any time. It's not meant for later use. I never save tablet video as it makes no sense and if saved will occupy space of my tablet. Just view and ignore, no need to save.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I save some of mine on the Nvidia because it looks really good as is and is a small file size :) But I've never had a cached video look bad on the Shield. Some of the places we camp don't have internet or cell phone service and on a tablet the movie looks good and can be shared with your camping buddies right there :)

Please have a quick look at the forum. All kinds of Android users are having similar issues after upgrading firmware and/or app lately.
Bottom line is you may need to downgrade to get back to when things worked.

My suggestion Android DJI Go v2.8.3, Quad firmware 1.9.6 or 1.8.8
But as mentioned there are a number of threads on the subject with various fixes that worked for various devices.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic