Phantom Firmware FAIL [ endless beeping ]

Reaction score
Would love to hear from anyone who may have solved this
:
Installed upgrade kit (board), no problem. Installed H3-2D DJI Gimbal, no problem. Tested after install, all worked perfectly. Plugged into the assistant - it attempted the firmware update, and this is what I have now - an endless beeping. The level of my frustration has peaked.

VIDEO HERE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AO0x5e3D-o

You get the exact same thing if you disconnect your Naza controller. It seems to have lost communication with it. Since mine was damaged in a water crash I had to replace my controller. I would contact DJI or whoever you bought it from. Controllers aren't cheap. I don't know if there is anyway to reset the controller or reload the firmware at this point. I assume the assistant doesn't even see it anymore?

I noticed from your video that your throttle was centered. You may want to lower it to off and see if that has something to do with the constant beeping.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I noticed from your video that your throttle was centered. You may want to lower it to off and see if that has something to do with the constant beeping.

Actually this TX is a middle based - that is neutral.

-will27

Yes, the "assistant" does not even see it anymore.

Is the NAZA-M what has the firmware on it? I actually need to fly this week for a project and need a quick solution so if you think replacing the NAZA-M is the solution, let me know.

I feel like I just took two steps forward and 12 steps backward.

azilk said:
-will27

Yes, the "assistant" does not even see it anymore.

Is the NAZA-M what has the firmware on it? I actually need to fly this week for a project and need a quick solution so if you think replacing the NAZA-M is the solution, let me know.

I feel like I just took two steps forward and 12 steps backward.

I know how you feel. The NAZA-M is the processor that holds the firmware. You may want to open it up and make sure everything is connected correctly. The manual on the NAZA-M Lite shows you how to properly connect it, I don't know why the V1 or V2 manuals don't show it. You might also want to check the connection to the back LED board as that's the pass through to the controller from your computer. It just seems odd that it would suddenly stop working like that. If all that fails, you will need a controller. I put a NAZA-M-Lite in mine, but it changes the flight characteristics and I'm having trouble with my compass calibration. Other than that if flies, but doesn't stay rock steady like my other phantom which has the NAZA-M-V1 controller.

Also, if you hooked your gimble to the accessory lead from the phantom power board, that could have caused your issue. I've seen a lot of posts where doing that causes failures. You may need to hook directly to the battery.

i wish i could go back in time. it worked perfectly until i plugged it in and did the firmware "upgrade". my recommendation to fellow phantom flyers: if it works, don't plug in to computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik