Phantom FC40 Transmitter and receiver will not bind

Reaction score
I have an FC40 which transmit on 5.8ghz and it will not bind to the receiver. I replaced the receiver and still it would not bind. I checked my remote with the RC software and it woulds fine. I also tried a phantom vision 2 with the egg camera transmitter which works on 5.8ghz and it would not bind either. The LED on the outside of the aircraft is continually flashing yellow. In the battery bay the LED is flashing red and once pressing it turns yellow which means to turn on your transmitter for binding. Once the transmitter is on the light goes out in the battery bay but I'm still getting a continuously flashing yellow light on the outside LED. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

R/
John

Did you mix up the cables connecting the RX to the Naza module? Attach the Phantom to a PC and run the Assistant software and see if the rx is recognized for the firmware version.

I always have bound mine with the tx on then press the button on either of my phantom to bind it then I turn the tx off and back on and its bound. have you tried it that way with the tx on when you push the binding button?

With the flashing yellow light the aircraft is in fail-safe mode and no information is being displayed in the NAZA software

J.James said:
I always have bound mine with the tx on then press the button on either of my phantom to bind it then I turn the tx off and back on and its bound. have you tried it that way with the tx on when you push the binding button?

I have tired this with the button and transmitter being turned off and back on many times

Well then its got the be some thing wrong with either the plugs in the rx being in the wrong spots in the naza or up side down or the transmitter not transmitting.

If the transmitter is not transmitting the rc assistant will not show that any thing is wrong. But if you got the wires in the rx hooed up right and its still not binding I would open up the tx and inspect all with wires esp the antenna and see if it got nicked or pinched or any thing when you had it open before.

From the wiki page

Phantom_FC40-Link_Procedures.jpg

might be worth trying

J.James said:
Well then its got the be some thing wrong with either the plugs in the rx being in the wrong spots in the naza or up side down or the transmitter not transmitting.

If the transmitter is not transmitting the rc assistant will not show that any thing is wrong. But if you got the wires in the rx hooed up right and its still not binding I would open up the tx and inspect all with wires esp the antenna and see if it got nicked or pinched or any thing when you had it open before.

I have two transmitters one for the FC40 and the other for the phantom vision 2 with the egg camera. Both transmitt 5.8ghz and either will not work with the FC40. I was wondering if something could be wrong with the NAZA internally. Is there any way of checking the NAZA to make sure all internal switches are functioning?

The way to check the Naza and the Phantom is to plug it in to a computer and run the Assistant software. The Assistant should recognize the Phantom regardless of the transmitter being on or not.
It should show you the firmware versions of all the recognized components (on the Upgrade page). Do you see the receiver listed there?

CityZen said:
The way to check the Naza and the Phantom is to plug it in to a computer and run the Assistant software. The Assistant should recognize the Phantom regardless of the transmitter being on or not.
It should show you the firmware versions of all the recognized components (on the Upgrade page). Do you see the receiver listed there?

main controller with the latest firmware 4.02 is listed along with the GPS

CityZen said:

Also in the NAZA software it only show the main controller and the GPS on the FC40 and my Phantom 1 which works off of 2.4ghz. The NAZA V2 software is downward compatible with 1st gen phantoms.

The original Phantom 1 came with a receiver that had only a single connection to the main Naza controller, so the Naza couldn't check or upgrade its firmware.
The FC40 should have a receiver with an additional connection to the Naza that lets it check and upgrade its firmware.

The other thing that you need to check out in the Assistant settings is that the receiver type is set correctly (PPM or D-bus). Should be D-bus for the FC40.

main controller with the latest firmware 4.02 is listed along with the GPS

main control is the naza its self. but you should also see some thing for the receiver to in the list.

I just pulled out my fc40 just to confirm the fc40 does show the receiver in the naza.
I have the main controller gp and reciver listed along with- loader number - hardware id and firmware version all 3 of them and the info for the receiver in the hardware list also says its a 5.8

So you should be seeing the receiver in the list if its hooked up right and have D bus selected under the rc settings tab.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl