Phantom fc40 problems

Lol thanks Pete no No no
England uk
Northants :)
I'm looking at the RTH
SO if I switch the failswitch down out of GPRS this will activate RTH Is that correct ? Just like you would switch TX off like I have been doing but I'm taken a note out of your book as you never know could fail ( my tracker will be here very soon )
So say if that does work I can switch back up to GPRS to take control ? With out touching the TX on /off :)

If you switch S1 to the middle it cuts off the GPS. This is the best mode to take photography.
Switch 1 all the way down is RTH. This will not auto land. RTH is only to get the aircraft back to you so that you can then flick back to GPS and land normally.

You can put S1 all the way up to go back into GPS at any time. Try not to flick the switch rapidly or often within a time frame of 5 seconds.

On the Naza software on Basic - RC you can see switch 1 working as you work the transmitter.

I advise you not to select manual mode for a few years yet.

Just as an adage, you should be standing at least 5 meters away from the aircraft when you take off. This is because of course lock - which is another story.

Pete

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Hi Pete sorry for late reply I just finish work no I haven't put on manual mode on s1
It's set to fail as I'm looking now
Thank you for the advice above
Normally I've tried it a few times switch transmitter off its amazing how it lands so perfect but now I know you can do this above I'll set it up for that so say I go back in gps and didn't want to land it my self I can switch off still the transmitter and it will go up then land
I do land it my self but I still want know that ?
At the moment I have a booster fitted
Carbon props
Go pro
Front led that's amazing in day and night
4.0 high power battery around about 18 to 20 min flying time :)
Today my battery warn beep metre turn up lovely little tweek
And larger landing gear
Just waiting on my tracker to turn up
Got to be on the ball just incase / if you know what I mean . Clears off .
Its already looking very nice I must say I also have a controller bottom to tilt my camera straight from the TX
ALSO mines black and yellow

Last edited:
Hi Carlo,

Yes, you could switch off the Transmitter to land, but it does leave you at risk - however slight - on losing control. However, the choice is yours.

I would also advise you to join the BFMA and get insurance. It only costs £30 per year and it gives you insurance of twenty five million pounds. People have been known to lose their house to pay for damage caused by their crashing quad.

https://bmfa.org/

Also, check the CAA ruling for UAV aircraft.

Happy flying.

Pete

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj