Phantom Fails to Connect to Computer - Possible Fix

Reaction score
As a newbie, I was experiencing the ongoing frustration of my computer repeatedly telling me to connect to the Phantom.

After having read many discussions that said "try another machine; different usb cable; light some candles; etc", and having installed and re-installed and re-re-installed all the software, I was at my wits end.

By luck I stumbled upon my solution that maybe someone else can use.

When the DJI driver install executes, it creates a program file in your programs directory:
<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64.

In this directory was an executable DPInst.exe. (I presume if you are running 32 bit you use the source32 sub-directory).

For whatever reason, on my computer, the install on the download wouldn't execute this file. Closing everything else and executing this file directly finally installed the driver and everything connected.

I was able to calibrate the sricks, switch between Phantom/Naza modes, and calibrate my gimbal. I was so happy I think I had a little pee-pee cough.

Maybe it was just me, but if someone else can use this too, the temptation to resort to percussive maintenance may be lessened.

PH2/H4Silver

Thanks for posting, Luckydrew. That's what these forums are for. Hope you get some great footage and many miles out of your new toys. I have the same setup with an FPV and I've really enjoyed my first month with this drone (and H4Silver). Glad I chose this route over the Vision models. No regrets, even though I may have spent a little more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1