PHANTOM ADVANCED OWNER FROM UK (NEED HELP/ADVICE)

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I am from the uk (Scotland to be precise) I recently purchased a phantom 3 advanced , absolutely love it , but 2 days ago it dropped from the sky(for no reason that I can figure out) possibly battery came loose , prop came off etc etc(not sure) Anyway when I tried viewing the footage prior to crash it wouldn't play, I have saved the footage on pc ,I sent my drone away for quote for how much to repair, is there anyone on here that can help me with DJI representative.
many thanks

Before sending it away you should have posted, the P3 has onboard flight logs that can be read using a tool on this board
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

And then we would have been able to tell you what happened during the flight, it's the same log that DJI will read and if the quad is found to be at fault they will or should replace the quad.

If you can upload the video somewhere someone will be able to see if it plays.

Hi everyone , I am from the uk (Scotland to be precise) I recently purchased a phantom 3 advanced , absolutely love it , but 2 days ago it dropped from the sky(for no reason that I can figure out) possibly battery came loose , prop came off etc etc(not sure) Anyway when I tried viewing the footage prior to crash it wouldn't play, I have saved the footage on pc ,I sent my drone away for quote for how much to repair, is there anyone on here that can help me with DJI representative.
many thanks
Its not unusual to have a video file issue if a Phantom is turned off or loses power prior to completing a video recording. Normally we tell people to put the SD card back in the Phantom and turn it on so the video file can properly close. In your case however, your Phantom is already shipped out, so perhaps you can try recovery software. Also, the link below goes to a site that I have heard works for some, though I must admit that I have not tried it myself.

Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files

Reactions: JoBe
Before sending it away you should have posted, the P3 has onboard flight logs that can be read using a tool on this board
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

And then we would have been able to tell you what happened during the flight, it's the same log that DJI will read and if the quad is found to be at fault they will or should replace the quad.

If you can upload the video somewhere someone will be able to see if it plays.[/QUOTMany thanks for your reply and advice , the problem was after the crash the battery is totally useless , smashed to bits, so couldn't even switch it on or anything.

Hi this is the first time I have been on here , the problem after the crash was the battery was smashed to bits , totally useless , so couldn't switch it on or anything.
My first thought was to find someone who could repair it , I only found out about you guys through the internet, I saved the file that wouldn't play ,so hopefully when I get the phantom back it might play after I put it back in?
Many many thanks for your help and advice , I am not really sure about what happens next.

Is it still possible to get the logs from the phantom?,
I have e mailed the company I sent it to for repair to see if they can do it for me , still awaiting a reply from them.
Also still awaiting a reply from DJI , is there an easy way to contact them?
not sure if I sent the e mail to the proper dept.
thanks

The files are written to an SD card inside the quad, yours to access if needed, the company you sent it to should be able to email it to you

The files are written to an SD card inside the quad, yours to access if needed, the company you sent it to should be able to email it to you

thanks for that , brilliant help and advice , good to know for the future, I am awaiting word from the company I sent it to ,I would imagine they should know how to get them , I have also sent 3 e mails to DJI now awaiting their reply.
again many thanks.

I haven't understand everything so far... I wonder... Was a brand new P3A? And what aboute the files, including the footage live preview, that are saved in the phone? Didn't you get them?... It's a sequence offerta too many unlucky event.. 1) having crash a new drone 2) thanks to an unidentified issue... (the hypothesis you present are two of the most rare causes of a drone crash).. 3)..no footage in the drone (possible, but very very rare).. 4)no files in the phone to play the live video or read the log.. Frankly, I can't help you too much.. But I really hope you get back into the sky soon. P3A is a great great machine.

I have had some serious crashes that the drone recovered from fine, but given that it fell from the sky there was probably a mechanical problem. We had a drone that wouldn't transmit video one morning, and I was able to send it to DJI for repair, absolutely free. You do have to be patient with them, I think it took about a week or so for them to respond to my service inquiry to get things set up, but everything else happened super fast.
Brian
www.skytubelive.com
www.instagram.com/skytubelive

I have had some serious crashes that the drone recovered from fine, but given that it fell from the sky there was probably a mechanical problem. We had a drone that wouldn't transmit video one morning, and I was able to send it to DJI for repair, absolutely free. You do have to be patient with them, I think it took about a week or so for them to respond to my service inquiry to get things set up, but everything else happened super fast.
Brian
www.skytubelive.com
www.instagram.com/skytubelive

Thanks Brian,
Yes I am not 100% sure what happened , one minute it was flying fine and the next I had lost signal from it , my tablet screen went blank and I realised something was wrong , it crashed approx. 100 yards from where I was standing controlling it.
I panicked and just looked for a company who could check and assess the damage without knowing there were flight logs on board , and then also if it was a fault picked up on the logs that DJI would repair or replace it , I have asked the company I sent it to , to see if they can get the logs from it so I can send them to DJI to analyse.
DAVID

HI again,
just an update on my phantom advanced , received it back from DJI after repair , which they kindly did under warranty, flew it yesterday and had no end of problems with it , I had done updates etc when it came back , so thought it would be ok , most serious problem was a sensors error please land immediately fault , I contacted DJI immediately and they said to do an IMU calibration , which I had already done , and also said to calibrate the controller , they upgraded the firmware to the latest version , I think it may have something to do with this?!!
I haven't had a chance for another flight since calibrations due to working , so will try again on Monday, any thoughts ideas would be much appreciated.

HI again,
just an update on my phantom advanced , received it back from DJI after repair , which they kindly did under warranty, flew it yesterday and had no end of problems with it , I had done updates etc when it came back , so thought it would be ok , most serious problem was a sensors error please land immediately fault , I contacted DJI immediately and they said to do an IMU calibration , which I had already done , and also said to calibrate the controller , they upgraded the firmware to the latest version , I think it may have something to do with this?!!
I haven't had a chance for another flight since calibrations due to working , so will try again on Monday, any thoughts ideas would be much appreciated.
Thomas, don't mess about, send it back and request a replacement. It should've been flight tested before it was released and returned to you.

Yes , I have been in touch with the support people , they are telling me to do the calibrations , and then try it again but I am a bit wary due to how it performed when I first flew it.
I think I will try it again and if the same problems occur I will request they check it out again , or give me a replacement.
I have asked them if the flight tested it but no answer given as yet.

Hi again ,
Just a query to the problems I am having , DJI support telling me to downgrade controller version , via DJI GO APP and using the academy little hat icon (I don't have or see that icon on my screen) I have checked what firmware etc is on the drone and controller etc , and as follows : app 3.1.5. version 1.5.30+. remote controller 1.8.0.
question to you all is are these ok for me to fly , or do you anticipate problems?
not really sure whether to try another flight or wait until support comes up with a better answer.
many thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik