Phantom 5 ... Yes, this again...

It appears November 28th may reveal the much awaited and also doubted Phantom 5.

DJI Phantom 5: We zoom in on the expected specs and rumors - DroneDJ

The Phantom 5 is coming, will it be November 28th? - DroneDJ

I can't say I'm convinced by there story though I do think a new Phantom is likely and before the end of this year so...

If the report is true and there will be two new P5's, one with zoom and the other with interchangeable lenses and real 4K60 that would be quite nice. Other 'facts' which to me seem dubious is 35 minute flight time though that would be great if true. OTH, to do so and with what is likely to be a heavier bird almost certainly means new/different batteries so everything you have will need to be replaced. This one bit is interesting:
  • Video: better than Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, to include 4K@60fps, H.265, H.264, 10-bit Dlog-M color profile, and 4K 10-bit HDR video, Hyperlapse
I did not see any reference to the bitrate though I have to believe that had to be increased for true 4K60 and at a minimum to 125Mbps though 150Mbps would be the better choice. The downside is the increase to nearly 65-70GB/hour.

Well, we should know soon enough and then the question is: how long to wait for delivery, but I won't go there just now...

Brian

Way to gimmicky for a business drone. I was hoping for just zoom, great cam, sturdy platform, I like the p4's much better! Keep it simple and come out with a removeable cam on a p4 type body. Keep the landing gear, it helps with balance to stabalize the flight. How about a bright reflective orange color for better line of sight? Better yet an Orange inspire 1 with zoom would be exactly what I need

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Way to gimmicky for a business drone. I was hoping for just zoom, great cam, sturdy platform, I like the p4's much better! Keep it simple and come out with a removeable cam on a p4 type body. Keep the landing gear, it helps with balance to stabalize the flight. How about a bright reflective orange color for better line of sight? Better yet an Orange inspire 1 with zoom would be exactly what I need

Could you be more specific about what exactly is "way to gimmicky"? Bear in mind this thread is about a year old and by all accounts the Phantom line is dead other that some of the specialized units with IR etc.

Brian

I think when the new phantom comes out it will be equipped with some type of built in parachute system allowing flight over people and a ADS B out equipment allowing manned aircraft and towers to see us. Just my thinking and 2 cents.
[emoji6]

I think when the new phantom comes out it will be equipped with some type of built in parachute system allowing flight over people and a ADS B out equipment allowing manned aircraft and towers to see us. Just my thinking and 2 cents.
[emoji6]

DJI has taken a long time to come up with an upgrade or replacement to the Phantom line and in particular the P4P. None of the Mavic series of drones have a truly superior camera though some are better in some respects, so I have to wonder what DJI is doing with there time. I think ADS-B may well be something we will see in the near future and its no doubt possible that DJI is doing just that and that may explain the delay. Whenever they do come out with a replacement it will either be a model of the Mavic line or a new line with Mavic like platform with foldable arms etc. For me, the biggest requirement for a new model is a superior camera with true 4K60 and a bitrate over 125Mbps and ideally closer to 150Mbps -- that might require an updated uSD card slot to handle higher data rates AND higher capacity cards.

Brian

If the FAA is going to let drones fly over people, and supposedly without a waiver, I would think that they would require all drone manufacturers to have some built in risk mitigation system like a parachute that will allow it. I too would like to see a superior camera but I would think the manufacturers of drones would have to adhere to FAA requirements.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic