Phantom 5 reportedly cancelled

If true, that sucks. However, it opens the door for competitors.

If anything I think it may just be the lens issue that they are working on.. due to people's privacy someone can stay at a distance so they are not near anyone's home and then zoom in to spy on them. I think it may be that as a legal issue stopping them at the moment. Just my personal theory with that and to be taken with a pinch of salt

If anything I think it may just be the lens issue that they are working on.. due to people's privacy someone can stay at a distance so they are not near anyone's home and then zoom in to spy on them. I think it may be that as a legal issue stopping them at the moment.
That's extremely unlikely.

prophoto_Review-Archive_2013-06_nikkor-800mm-main.jpg

That's an 800mm lens.
There's no legal or privacy issue to stop camera companies making lenses like this:

The lens options that were leaked for the P5 were equivalent to 15/24/35 & 50mm.
They would have been useless for invading privacy.

That's extremely unlikely.

prophoto_Review-Archive_2013-06_nikkor-800mm-main.jpg

That's an 800mm lens.
There's no legal or privacy issue to stop camera companies making lenses like this:

The lens options that were leaked for the P5 were equivalent to 15/24/35 & 50mm.
They would have been useless for invading privacy.
Ahhh of course..... [emoji23]
images(2).jpeg

If someone ever looks through my window with a 800mm lens, I guarantee that it will be the last window they look through. They will be blinded by what they see. :astonished:

Haha now that’s funny!!

The only thing illegal would be to record audio without permission. That would be a wiretap violation. Of course drones don’t record audio so..?? People have their pictures taken all the time whether they realize it or not. Ever been in a store with security cameras? Cities/town have cameras mounted, there are red light cameras etc.

Haha now that’s funny!!

The only thing illegal would be to record audio without permission. That would be a wiretap violation. Of course drones don’t record audio so..?? People have their pictures taken all the time whether they realize it or not. Ever been in a store with security cameras? Cities/town have cameras mounted, there are red light cameras etc.
Also, every pilot of a manned aircraft has a camera with a zoom lens onboard.

Agreed I think in a few more yrs there will be some real competition.
There will be no real competition with DJI now or in a few years. Have you gone to a trade show? Companies that make american drones are not interested in the consumer, they are making one off enterprise drones that costs 1000s of dollars for inspection and agriculture.

Reactions: Kara Murphy
.. due to people's privacy someone can stay at a distance so they are not near anyone's home and then zoom in to spy on them. I think it may be that as a legal issue stopping them at the moment.
Poor us, look what we must read, this is the idiotic part of this post, a really nonsense.
It's so in itself, without even considering other DJI drones already exist, a recent one, smaller... if I am not wrong its name is Mavic 2 Zoom, and others larger capable to use zoom lenses, with focal lengths a little longer than the usual wide-angle fixed lenses, but always with a very modest focal length.
Must say the names also of these ones?

I'm probably in the minority here, but If the store is not true and the next gen Phantom sees a release, I'd like to wait 3, perhaps 4 years from P4P pro release date to see ACTUAL "technologicial advancements" instead of the same body design, same dB noise levels, same weight battery or same length of battery life and deliver something more generational and watch the sales l;iterally take off...I also say it becuse the drones are $2200+ BNIB in my country and unless you fly professionally, are used for too infrequently by enthusiasts who would typically want to get a lot longer lifespan and use over the years flying the prior-P5 models.

RoOSTA

Reactions: JSKCKNIT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl