Phantom 5 release and other pricing questions

Reaction score
I have been looking to getting a P3A for a few months now. Now that we are getting more attention towards the P5, will it release soon, and when it does, will P3 prices drop?

Old model prices always drop when new models are released. I think it's a safe bet.

P3 prices have remained fairly constant recently so I'd guess they are close to as low as they can. I would expect the P4's to come down in price if the P5 is announced.

the p3 is probably going away when the p5 comes out, but i think the p5 is only going to launch in september-november as march is already set for the mavic 2

Not sure how much lower you expect them to drop. I've seen used P3P with multiple batteries go for under $400, and P3S for $250 (with the lucky few that scored new ones from Walmart for $200). Honestly, they'll probably stay around the same price.

Reactions: BigAl07
Not sure how much lower you expect them to drop. I've seen used P3P with multiple batteries go for under $400, and P3S for $250 (with the lucky few that scored new ones from Walmart for $200).
Reseller prices are all of over the map, so I was assuming the OP was referring to the MSRP. They are out of stock at the moment, but DJI still sells the P3S for $499 and the P3SE for $599. If those drones are still available when the P5 drops, I cannot imagine many people would continue to buy them at those prices.

If you are looking to buy one P3A, go for it buy it and have fun. New models will keep coming and prices of old models will keep dropping. I would suggest to keep looking for P3P as that has 4K camera.

Reactions: BigAl07
Reseller prices are all of over the map, so I was assuming the OP was referring to the MSRP. They are out of stock at the moment, but DJI still sells the P3S for $499 and the P3SE for $599. If those drones are still available when the P5 drops, I cannot imagine many people would continue to buy them at those prices.

It seems like the prices are a bit inflated due to the limited supply they seem to have, but the MSRP may indeed drop.

Not sure how much lower you expect them to drop. I've seen used P3P with multiple batteries go for under $400, and P3S for $250 (with the lucky few that scored new ones from Walmart for $200). Honestly, they'll probably stay around the same price.

Where has a P3P gone for 400? Just curious

Reactions: gppms
Personally, I think the near future will see the integration of all the good features of the Phantom/Mavic drone technology, and the autonomous development as in the Skydio that came out in 2016. Obviously the technology that we are exposed to as consumers is old technology compared to what’s really going on. All these yearly new cool abilities were in used within the government decades ago. I’m sure we would all drop our jaws to see what they are actively using right now.

One of my friends sent me a URL to some online store that was selling Mavic Pro's for 700. I didn't bite. I did not recognize the company to trust them. But When the Mavic 2 comes out the Pro will drop again I'm sure...

I have been looking to getting a P3A for a few months now. Now that we are getting more attention towards the P5, will it release soon, and when it does, will P3 prices drop?

I bought my second P3P for half the price of my first one when the P4 was released.
At that price I figured it was cheaper than buying parts if I needed them.

One of my friends sent me a URL to some online store that was selling Mavic Pro's for 700. I didn't bite. I did not recognize the company to trust them. But When the Mavic 2 comes out the Pro will drop again I'm sure...

They are an authorized seller if it was on eBay.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20