Phantom 4pro v2.0 pro plus controller

Reaction score
I have the standard controller for my phantom 4pro v2.0 and use a iPad mini it works great but in sunny days it’ has lots of glare so I purchased the plus version with the 5.5 screen built on the controller they say it has a brighter screen and can be seen better in sunny days I should receive it in a couple of days I just don’t know about having a smaller screen cause I’m so used to the iPad does anyone have the plus version that can give me any info and how do the work as far as glare

Reactions: Blade4 and Capt KO
I also use both remotes, with and without screen. I do like the built-in screen for its convenience and brightness but do not like the small size. I do use the built-in screen often but still occasionally use a shadow box for it. Much brighter than my iPads. Enjoy

Reactions: Oso
I have the standard controller for my phantom 4pro v2.0 and use a iPad mini it works great but in sunny days it’ has lots of glare so I purchased the plus version with the 5.5 screen built on the controller they say it has a brighter screen and can be seen better in sunny days I should receive it in a couple of days I just don’t know about having a smaller screen cause I’m so used to the iPad does anyone have the plus version that can give me any info and how do the work as far as glare

I have the P4P + I also have Crystal Sky (CS). They are AWESOME in the sun. No glare unless your try really hard. lol. You will be happy in so far as brightness. Also if all you use is DJI Go 4 you are good to go. So far Litchi is horrible if you use it. Horrible in my opinion. No so much litchi, but I have had a helluva time downloading maps. Then using maps.

Here is the deal.

You cannot use Google Maps without having Google Play Services running. If you do not mind that while you are flying about every 5 minutes Google Play will give you nonsense messages about how it quit working. VERY VERY problematic during a potential critical phase where its all eyes and ears full attention. Like a tight landing or something where you NEED your data and your images from the device you are using. Any way it annoys me and a lot of other people. IF you use Litchi. I do not know about other apps. DJI Go 4 does a good enough job using the default mapping app. Map Quest?

I use Litchi for waypoint flights as it can be VERY usefull to have the Drone do the flying while I concentrate on the shot. I figure that is why I am out there. Photography. No problem with flying in atti mode. Just the tools onboard are VERY handy, I like to get all I can out of them.

One last thing about Litchi, and CS, P4P+ style monitors. The work around is to install Litchi via Amazon. Works GREAT. Eliminates the Google Play nonsense. BUT it really makes map usage difficult if using Litchi. So? My solution is to keep my ipad mini with me. If I need a litchi mission, I can swap back to it as the CS has an Ipad holder adapter for just that reason. Reversion.

Hope that helps.

I reviewed my plus controller but has no maps .what needs to be done to add google maps on this controller

Reactions: Blade4
its 5000 times brighter than an iPad, if you are using your drone for video or pics, the onboard monitor is the way to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers