Phantom 4k drone will not update

Reaction score
I purchased a new drone and camera/gimbal and I am using it with a different remote.

I reformated card then placed p3xw_fw_vo_1.05.0040.bin on the card ( only one on the site I saw )
I started the drone without anything else, Thinking it would read and do its update. It didnt, The gimbal moved in place and the drone blinked and sat there. Nothing happened.

Turned on remote, then DJI app. It said to update right away. I downloaded the file and proceeded to update.
( it failed )
No matter what I try, It fails.

I bypass and go in to the settings where it says to "Aircraft update required" There is no link under it to update.
I back out of the screens back to the picture of the drone and hit the "firmware download" then click the blue Download icon.
Same thing. "Update failed"

I dont know what to do?

Also when I go to settings "About"
it says N/A under controller.

UPDATE
I am able to update the camera on the drone but I can not get the files on to the controller. First, it has no usb port and if I use an adapter it doesn't send the power to the card reader. I can lug the controller into the cam and it will turn green like it updated the controller but when I remove the card and check files, Nothing new is written. Then back to square one. It won't update.

Last edited:
The controller must be on when the update is done, so that both ac and rc are updated together. You cant update the controller alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez