Phantom 4 vs Typhoon H

I want/have the __________

• Typhoon H

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Phantom 4

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
Are you sure it comes with "2 batteries included". I cant seem to find that listed with new pre-order price.

Lightbridge really is the only thing now that I can think of for DJi and the fact that DJi isn't putting a hard altitude limit of 400ft on their Phatom's like Yuneec is.

Competition is good. If you need the extra ~2.1 miles in distance and ~1,200 ft of altitude and don't mind paying $100 more then the P4 is for you.

If you want to pay $100 less and get an integrated monitor with the controller, a hexacopter, retractable landing gear, a 360 degree camera and generally much better customer service then the Yuneec is for you.

I think Yuneec has come out with a very good price. We'll have to wait and see how the H performs but all things being equal (it performs as expected) I wouldn't be surprised to see a P4 price reduction within 3-4 months and I bet the P4 ends up being $200 less than the H ($1,099).

If it wasn't for the ceiling and the range limitations on the Yuneec I would definitely be tempted. Especially if the camera quality was superior. Unfortunately though due to me almost always flying in mountainous terrain, the range and ceiling limitations would severely hamper my flying ability and the ability to get the shots I want.

Still undecided on whether to get Typhoon H or P4 , the lightbridge and far better long distance might swing it in Dji's favour but i love the retracts and the styling of the Typhoon .

I like the typhoon, but the wifi range is a killer. Also i rather have my own display rather then a display built in the controller. I have a p3 advance, so i may upgrade soon to the p4

Reactions: liketogethigh
Typhoon H:

No DJI customer service

I've been reading a lot of posts of people sending their Phantom 3s in to be repaired and having super quick turnaround times. I think DJI partnered with Apple for a reason, because their have been some P4's that have bricked and people have exchanged them no questions asked, so in this aspect at least they are really trying to improve and personally I think they're doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Typhoon H will come with two batteries and hard-case at 1299.99 and the remote as bonus.

If you're into Photography then the Typhoon H is the drone for you. If you're into speed, range and massive heights than the Phantom 4 is the drone for you.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Still undecided on whether to get Typhoon H or P4 , the lightbridge and far better long distance might swing it in Dji's favour but i love the retracts and the styling of the Typhoon .
I was 100% a P4 guy since I'm loving the P3... but since Yuncee announced recently that the Typhoon is modular upgradeable to suit your needs, it has intrigued me. I'm a photographer and apparently there will be two or more available camera options for the Typhoon H that you can swap out on the base model.

If the P3 batteries, case, props had worked with the P4 then price wise I guess the P4 would win for me. But I have to 100% start from zero each time I buy a Phantom. I have to do the same with Yuncee as I don't own any of their products. But since much of their devices are backwards compatible costs could be much less for me. So I'm on the fence.. wait and see I guesz.

I have really come to like the opportunities that the SDK has provided with different applications developed for the Phantom 3 so the Yuneec seems a bit restrictive but I have to admit 6 rotors offering more stability and redundancy coupled with retractable landing gear and a 360 camera means its winning for me.

Unless the camera is awful I am going to try it for a year or so and see what the P5 or P6 looks like.

Edit: I have just seen a P4 in the local Apple store and I have to say the build is a step up from the P3. The P3 and previous generations always seemed a bit top heavy when picked up by the landing gear but the P4 felt more solid.

Last edited:
Typhoon H:

No trying to find the right device to control it with.

No endless software and firmware updates.

No overreaching Geo fencing

No DJI customer service

Those are all positives for the T H in my book ( along with everything previously mentioned)
[emoji106]

1. It's not that hard; if you are that lazy a simple forum search would tell you it is between the iPad Mini 4 or NVIDIA Shield K1.
2. Says who? Any tech product without firmware updates is a lost cause in my mind; how can you fix issues without updates?
3. Yuneec is an even lesser known and smaller company than DJI. What evidence do you have of their service being better?

I stand corrected. You are right. I spoke to a yuneec rep and it comes with one battery and remote for a limited time.

I received this info from Simon Newton's vid earlier this week. What seems to be not 100% confirmed is actually what is in the box for $1299. Do you have any idea?

I would get the 4... Lightbridge is awesome. I sold my standard 3 weeks after purchase after seeing it's range lol

3. Yuneec is an even lesser known and smaller company than DJI. What evidence do you have of their service being better?
Lots of owners have commented on the great customer service of Yuneec. I've called 3 times and the phone has quickly been answered by an English speaking person based here in the US, and they have been able to talk me through the technical issues I needed help with (I emailed DJI one in 2013, still waiting for an answer).

Yuneec is a well established company. They've been in the aviation industry for 15 years, producing both fixed wing RC and actual manned electric airplanes. All of the Blade brand RC helicopters and quads are made by Yuneec, as well as several lines of fixed wing aircraft. They have a great reputation for customer service.
I love my Yuneec Q500 almost as much as I love my 3 Phantoms.

Reactions: liketogethigh
They say if your yuneec needs to be repaired they just send you another one. So no down time. True? I wish everyone would imitate Amazons return policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues