Phantom 4 Vs Phantom Pro?

Reaction score
So how does everyone feel about this pro? If its even coming out, Would it be worth it to refund my p4 and get the p4 pro ive got until christmas to return it and get my money back from bestbuy

It depends on whether or not the new features make it worth the price difference to you. Don't ponder it too long though. Like any new DJI release, the line is forming now for pre-orders.

I bought the Pro, but to each his own. It is an extra $500-ish over the standard. Do you really need the upgraded features? If you have the expendable money, go ahead - but do not do it because its new and shiny.

SHINY.jpg

Anybody know if we'll be able to just buy the upgraded camera and put that on our Phantom 4, or do you have to buy the whole thing?

Anybody know if we'll be able to just buy the upgraded camera and put that on our Phantom 4, or do you have to buy the whole thing?
Highly doubt it! From pictures it looks like the new camera unit includes the new side sensors and down-facing VPS. I would think that means it has a new interface/controller. BUT, we do not know for sure yet :)

No way.....it's a new bird.
Realistically, the old P4 is fine for 90% of pilots and photogs. Only reason for this bird is if you are really a video prosumer..or pro...

The phantom 4 is a great platform, if this was released when I bought mine I'd have splashed extra for the improved camera alone.
The collision sensors on mine rarely trigger, the only time they do read anything is when I occasionally step in front of it after landing. Flying in open spaces I don't find this feature of massive importance.

It's exciting how quickly this technology is advancing!

Anyone know if the remote device mount is identical to previous generations? I want to confirm before I 3D print a new tablet extender :p
It sure seems to....can't tell it from the regular P4 at all. Same with the bird.....

But I am fairly sure about the RC control.

That is what DJI support is apparently saying. That makes sense too since the only difference is the battery capacity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.