Phantom 4 Vs Phantom Pro?

Sounds like sour grapes to me! :p
You make some good points, though! :cool:

No grapes are soured since I could (like you, business expense) buy one without noticing it much...
BUT, I'm from the old school. There is a point where I start feeling that the technology owns me instead of me owning it. If I had an Inspire or even if (when) I get a P4P production, I will feel like I HAVE to spend more time learning and fiddling with settings, etc. to get the most out of it.

Heck - I've had my VW Passat for 7 years and 100K plus miles and I don't even know what all the buttons on the steering wheel do yet - will never know! The reason is....I don't need to. They obviously have nothing to do with driving the car.

On the other hand....I can edit a mean .htaccess file and fiddle with php and mysql....only because I had to. I even know command-line 'nix.
I think my brain is full so that anytime something goes in, some (maybe more important) stuff has to leave.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The image quality of the P4P is 5% better than the P4? Uhh, Ok....
That's a misquote. He was essentially saying that only 5% of P4 owners need the significantly better image quality of the P4P. The other 95% of P4 owners really don't need it for their intended usage. Quite a different statement.:cool:

That's a misquote. He was essentially saying that only 5% of P4 owners need the significantly better image quality of the P4P. The other 95% of P4 owners really don't need it for their intended usage. Quite a different statement.
Yes, and even sillier.

And to think so many of us waste all that time deciding what we need when someone else already knows. o_O

Last edited:
The image quality of the P4P is 5% better than the P4? Uhh, Ok....
Actually, if you read my article I say it is at least twice as good - subjectively - due to the H265. Maybe more because o H265 and a higher bit rate.

But even my 3.5 GHZ iMac doesn't like those files......

It's hard to say how much better the video is - but, yeah, my point was simply that most people don't know the difference. There are still folks out there who swear vinyl beats digital sound files. Those are the 5%......

You can all decide for yourself...note - these files (uploaded) were only 30Mbs - the reason I think they look better than some was that the original files (given the sensor) were sharper and more pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel