Phantom 4 - Video downlink issue after 1.8.0 remote update

You're missing important variable in your permutations.

You need to include the DJI Go app version 3.0.2, with all the other latest firmware versions (and possibly combinations of older versions).
Thanks. I am using an Android phone Samsung Note 4. There is no DJI Go 3.0.2 download for Android. As I said, I have uninstalled my DJI Go App, download the latest version from Play Store, and the latest version is still 3.0.1. I understand that you may have 3.0.2 for ISO platform, but not Android. In any event after downgrading to 1.5.8, there is no more loss of signal or pixelation. So the problem is clearly not with DJI Go App, but with the RC firmware 1.8.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Thanks. I am using an Android phone Samsung Note 4. There is no DJI Go 3.0.2 download for Android. As I said, I have uninstalled my DJI Go App, download the latest version from Play Store, and the latest version is still 3.0.1. I understand that you may have 3.0.2 for ISO platform, but not Android. In any event after downgrading to 1.5.8, there is no more loss of signal or pixelation. So the problem is clearly not with DJI Go App, but with the RC firmware 1.8.
Ah, I see. That's good to know. I guess I'll hold off on updating my RC. :(

Did you solve the problem after downgrade?
You might want to disclose your RC firmware version, the craft firmware version, and the GO app version. The guys here can tell you if they are compatible.

It appears to me you didn't updated your craft firmware, that's usually the first step, BEFORE updating RC firmware. If you only updated the RC and Go, that may be your problem. Then you went back to 1.6.0 firmware in the RC, which may not be compatible with the new GO app you have.

Have you noticed the last RC 1.8 does refer to outdated GO app version. Probably available GO app version at that time. Could be cool to have a consolidated view from DJI of all these firmwares and softwares and how they fit together (people are upgrading and downgrading back and forth without really knowing best combinations while supposed to use last versions).
232a6dbbc899c65fefe8d0497002f9c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I think past GO app update notes includef notes for OSMO support. Since the Go app is for multiple platforms, maybe the release notes are generic for everything that GO supports.

You might want to disclose your RC firmware version, the craft firmware version, and the GO app version. The guys here can tell you if they are compatible.

It appears to me you didn't updated your craft firmware, that's usually the first step, BEFORE updating RC firmware. If you only updated the RC and Go, that may be your problem. Then you went back to 1.6.0 firmware in the RC, which may not be compatible with the new GO app you have.

After repeated experimenting with re-upgrade and re-downgrades, my findings are as follows:

1. In late October when the video downlink problem first surfaced after I upgraded to 1.8, I downgraded my RC firmware to 1.5.80. There was no problem with video downlink problem. But I could not start my drone either when I pulled the two sticks together towards the bottom. There was simply no response.

2. After the new P4 firmware 01.02.0602 was out I upgraded it. After that I re-upgraded the RC to 1.8 again (because some people say if you upgrade the RC firmware AFTER the drone firmware upgrade, it would work). The control of the drone returned. But the video downlink corruption also returned.

3. I then downgraded the RC again to 1.6 (my drone firmware remained at 01.02.0602 throughout). The video downlink problem is solved, and the control of the drone also returned to normal, but with a reminder that on DJI Go App that I need to upgrade my firmware. I will ignore it.

With the Phantom 4 on 01.02.0602 and DJI GO app 3.0.1 (Android), my experience is that:

1. RC firmware 1.5.8. – no problem with downlink. But problem with control of the drone.
2. RC firmware 1.6 – no problem with video downlink, and no problem with control of the drone.
3. RC firmware 1.8 – problem with video downlink, and no problem with control of the drone.

The same result is found with my Samsung Note 4, and also with my Carl Zeiss Cinemizer goggles, which I use for FPV flying. So hardware is not the problem.

I think there is little doubt that the latest RC firmware 1.8 is the root cause of the video downlink problem. It has nothing to do with SD card problem (at least in my case) as the video recording is perfectly good and normal even when the video downlink is garbled.

I have written to DJI and also posted this thread to them. They told me their engineer would look into the problem. May be they would fix it with the DJI Go App 3.0.2 (Android), I don't know.

After repeated experimenting with re-upgrade and re-downgrades, my findings are as follows:

1. In late October when the video downlink problem first surfaced after I upgraded to 1.8, I downgraded my RC firmware to 1.5.80. There was no problem with video downlink problem. But I could not start my drone either when I pulled the two sticks together towards the bottom. There was simply no response.

2. After the new P4 firmware 01.02.0602 was out I upgraded it. After that I re-upgraded the RC to 1.8 again (because some people say if you upgrade the RC firmware AFTER the drone firmware upgrade, it would work). The control of the drone returned. But the video downlink corruption also returned.

3. I then downgraded the RC again to 1.6 (my drone firmware remained at 01.02.0602 throughout). The video downlink problem is solved, and the control of the drone also returned to normal, but with a reminder that on DJI Go App that I need to upgrade my firmware. I will ignore it.

With the Phantom 4 on 01.02.0602 and DJI GO app 3.0.1 (Android), my experience is that:

1. RC firmware 1.5.8. – no problem with downlink. But problem with control of the drone.
2. RC firmware 1.6 – no problem with video downlink, and no problem with control of the drone.
3. RC firmware 1.8 – problem with video downlink, and no problem with control of the drone.

The same result is found with my Samsung Note 4, and also with my Carl Zeiss Cinemizer goggles, which I use for FPV flying. So hardware is not the problem.

I think there is little doubt that the latest RC firmware 1.8 is the root cause of the video downlink problem. It has nothing to do with SD card problem (at least in my case) as the video recording is perfectly good and normal even when the video downlink is garbled.

I have written to DJI and also posted this thread to them. They told me their engineer would look into the problem. May be they would fix it with the DJI Go App 3.0.2 (Android), I don't know.
Last time I updated everything in my setup with the 1.6 all in one package from DJI, what was current at that time and compatible is what I'm running now, which is:
Phantom 4 1.02.503 .......iPad Air2 IOS 9.3.....Go 2.8.3.....RC-GL658A 1.6.0 (the same rev firmware is in my GL300C)

I get the message all of the time that my firmware needs updated, however I ignore it because I'm happy with my setup. I don't need to fix what's not broke.

Based on my setup with RC firmware 1.6.0, you should have 1.02.503 firmware in your craft. But if 1.02.0602 is working for you, don't fix what's not broke. However, you also have Go 3.0.1 which isn't in sync, it's newer than the 1.6.0 firmware in your RC. But if it works, great.

Yes, exactly the same for me. Now running latest P4 Fimware and 1.6 RC Firmware.

Thanks for help.
I thought that I already wrote everything in my previous posts, I write it here:
I've upgraded/downgraded all the combinations between RC firmware 1.6.0/1.8.0 and P4 firmware 1.02.0503/1.02.0602.
I've tried several times to refresh P4 firmware (through DJI Assistant), then to update/dowgrade RC firmware.
I've tried it with both, new and old firmware.
I've also tried to reinstall DJIGO app but the problem stills on both, iPad Air 2 and Galaxy S5.
My actual combination is:
- P4: 1.02.0602
- RC: 1.6.0
- DJI Go: 3.0.2 on iPad and 3.0.1 on Galaxy S5 (doesn't exist yet the 3.0.2 for Android).
I'd like to be sure that the users that have thier P4 working after firmware changings are not using it with video downlink "manual" settings; I've thought a couple of times that the problem was solved till I went inside HD settings and discovered that "Auto" setting was off.

DJI Go 3.1.0 for Android is out.
I've downloaded it but have no time to test it till tomorrow.
If someone has the possibility to test it, I'm looking forward to know the results!

I have upgraded my RC from 1.6 to 1.8 after my DJI Go App (Android) was upgraded to 3.1.0 today.

Happy to report that the video downlink problem appears to have been fixed. And the control of the craft is normal.

My current configuration is DJI Go App 3.1.0. RC firmware 1.8, and P4 firmware 01.02.0602. All are the latest as at time of writing.

Reactions: ricky971
I have upgraded my RC from 1.6 to 1.8 after my DJI Go App (Android) was upgraded to 3.1.0 today.

Happy to report that the video downlink problem appears to have been fixed. And the control of the craft is normal.

My current configuration is DJI Go App 3.1.0. RC firmware 1.8, and P4 firmware 01.02.0602. All are the latest as at time of writing.
Uau!
Thanks, now I have an hope to solve this problem!
:)

Also, DJI Go for iOS has just been updated to v3.1.0, as of today, 15 Nov 2016.

Who is going to be the first to update?? LOL!

Reactions: Caballete007
Also, DJI Go for iOS has just been updated to v3.1.0, as of today, 15 Nov 2016.

Who is going to be the first to update?? LOL!
Tried DJI Go 3.1.0 on iPad Air 2 right now, with last P4 firmware and RC 1.8.0: EVERYTHING OK! Problem seems to be solved with last DJI GO version.
Infact it looked strange that everything was perfect with another app (Litchi), it had to be an app/firmware compatibility problem.

Reactions: RémyHeli
After reading the comments on the 3.1.0 version of the app, I installed it on my Ipad MIni 2 and Voila! No more Green screens and freezing so far.

Reactions: RémyHeli
My current android configuration is DJI Go App 3.1.0. RC firmware 1.6, and P4 firmware 01.02.0602 (updated Go and AC no problem) In the first screen Go indicates that I have the latest firmware and will not update my RC to 1.8, in the about screen RC firmware indicates null. I took it out for a short flight and the bird flew well, I had a slight video pixelation at times but it was dark out. Tried the c1 -c2 -record and wheel to reset the RC and it did the blue light thing but still will not update. Any ideas?

As of Friday flew a hole battery, android configuration is DJI Go App 3.1.0. RC firmware Null, and P4 firmware 01.02.0602. Flys' as before (still have to correct some gimbal tilt ) no video downlink or distance issues, pretty good for a null RC!

My current android configuration is DJI Go App 3.1.0. RC firmware 1.6, and P4 firmware 01.02.0602 (updated Go and AC no problem) In the first screen Go indicates that I have the latest firmware and will not update my RC to 1.8, in the about screen RC firmware indicates null. I took it out for a short flight and the bird flew well, I had a slight video pixelation at times but it was dark out. Tried the c1 -c2 -record and wheel to reset the RC and it did the blue light thing but still will not update. Any ideas?
If you are enterprising enough, try to uninstall the DJI Go App and reinstall it. Check to see if it will ask you to update your firmware this time. That happened to me when I was in 3.0.1 and RC at 1.6 when the Go App indicated that I was with teh latest firmware when I was not. Once I re-installed the App, it began to tell me to update my firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20