Phantom 4 - Video downlink issue after 1.8.0 remote update

If you are enterprising enough, try to uninstall the DJI Go App and reinstall it. Check to see if it will ask you to update your firmware this time. That happened to me when I was in 3.0.1 and RC at 1.6 when the Go App indicated that I was with teh latest firmware when I was not. Once I re-installed the App, it began to tell me to update my firmware.
Thanks chiupolini, I will try that, if it worked for you it may just work for me

Uau!
Thanks, now I have an hope to solve this problem!
:)

Finally found time to do a full test flight today with Phantom 4 on 01.02.0602, DJI GO app 3.1.0, and RC with firmware 1.8.

Sorry to say that after the drone has been flying away for about 10 m from me, the same problem of pixilation and garbled video downlink occurred again, both with the Android phone and my FPV goggles. The “symptoms” are similar to what I encountered last time, but only less frequent, i.e. it is normal for some time but abnormal intermittently. Further, the transmission distance of the video downlink and on screen telematics data both decreased to less than 3 km. i.e. flying away for nearly 3 km there was no more reception (flight control signal remained strong). Sometimes you would receive odd video images on screen, but no telematics data at all.(So I did not know the height and speed I was flying).

After my first flight, I downgraded my RC firmware to 1.6 again. This time everything is truly normal. I made 3 flights on 3 batteries with the longest distance at 4.7 km without any loss of video signal and the screen is no longer garbled.

The video recording on the SD card is not affected at all. The test was performed in the same area. So interference is not the cause either.

100% sure that it is the RC firmware 1.8 that is causing all the problems. Already asked the DJI engineer to look into that in depth. This should not happen at all.

My current "working" configuration is Phantom 4 on 01.02.0602, DJI GO app 3.1.0 (Android), and RC with firmware 1.6.

Last edited:
My situation is this:
- DJI Go 3.1.0
- P4 firmware 1.02.0602
- RC firmware 1.8.0

IOS (10.1.1)
iPad Air 2: everything is perfect now; I've also moved back the device to "Italy" settings (lost "manual" settings in DJI Go HD menù) but I haven't any video or control problem; Litchi stills perfect too.

Android (last version)
Galaxy S5: after a couple of tests where everything seemed perfect, after the last DJI Go update the video problems are back again (black/green screens, freezing images, etc).

My situation is this:
- DJI Go 3.1.0
- P4 firmware 1.02.0602
- RC firmware 1.8.0

IOS (10.1.1)
iPad Air 2: everything is perfect now; I've also moved back the device to "Italy" settings (lost "manual" settings in DJI Go HD menù) but I haven't any video or control problem; Litchi stills perfect too.
That's my environment, too, and all works well.

However, it took me a while to figure all this out, as documented in this thread.

LAST UPDATE with actual configuration:

- Phantom 4 (firmware 1.02.0602);
- RC (tested firmware 1.6.0 and 1.8.0);
- DJI Go 4 (4.0.0 for IOS and Android);
- Litchi (1.14.3 for IOS; 3.9.2 for Android);
- iPad Air 2 (IOS 10.1.1);
- Samasung Galaxy S5 (Android 6.0.1);
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android 6.0.1).

With RC FW 1.6.0 EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY!

- iPad Air 2: with DJO Go 4 and with Litchi, both installed at the same time, both work perfectly, there isn't any video issue;

- Galaxy S5: when DJI Go 4 and Litchi are installed together, NO ONE OF THEM WORKS!
The apps start but there isn't any link (no RC link, no video link);
DJI Go 4 and Litchi must be installed singularly, then everything works perfect and there isn't any video issue;

- Galaxy S7 Edge: when DJI Go 4 and Litchi are installed together, DJI Go works perfectly, no video issue, but Litchi doesn't work, there isn't any link; maybe, it depends from the first choose that you make when it's prompted on the mobile but, since it didn't work at all on Galaxy S5, I haven't tested it on S7.
If Litchi is installed alone, everything works perfectly, no video issue.

Tests with RC firmware 1.8.0:

- iPad Air 2: with DJO Go 4 and with Litchi, both installed at the same time, both work perfectly, there isn't any video issue;

- Galaxy S5: same behaviour as with FW 1.6.0 if both apps are installed together (no one works); if installed singularly, they work but both are unusable because of video issues;

- Galaxy S7 Edge: same behaviour as with FW 1.6.0 when both apps are installed together; if installed singularly, they work but are unusable because of video issues.

Just adding to this conversation... as of February 16, 2017, I am running the following.

- Phantom 4 (firmware 1.02.0503);
- RC (firmware 1.8.0);
- DJI Go 4 (4.0.0 Android);
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 5);

I had to downgrade my AC (was on 1.02.0602) due to my AC powering on and powering off (fan would turn on and off), image would flicker on and off in DJI Go 4, and eventually there was no connection at all but the AC fan would be running and the RC said it was connected. Also, my SD card was not recognized.

So I downgraded and everything started running normally again. I'm not sure if it's an AC or RC issue, but downgrading the AC fixed it. Tempted to downgrade the RC and upgrade the P4 and see what happens, but I prefer to leave it with the ability to fly...

Also, I have not really seen any information to this, so I will share it. If you want to downgrade your RC or AC, you can do it through the DJI Go 4 app. Just press and hold on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right until the screen changes to a downgrade page. Simplifies the process, wish I would have known it before I started the painful process of working the amazing "Assistant 2" program... wow. Also, if you want to downgrade the controller, make sure your P4 is off.

Thanks for all the awesome information provided in this thread.

Looks like I spoke to soon... same problems. My p4 and rc are not talking properly, the rc thinks my p4 is a p3p. Not sure if it's the p4 or the rc. Very frustrating. The p4 fan spins up and down the led by the SD card slot flickers green constantly and the rc shows solid green. The all of a sudden the p4 blinks 2 red, 2green. Sorry my thoughts are all over. What is wrong with this thing??

I've downgraded I've upgrwded, nothing workd. Seems since I started using dji go 4. Feel like throwing this thing away...

Just adding to this conversation... as of February 16, 2017, I am running the following.

- Phantom 4 (firmware 1.02.0503);
- RC (firmware 1.8.0);
- DJI Go 4 (4.0.0 Android);
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 5);

I had to downgrade my AC (was on 1.02.0602) due to my AC powering on and powering off (fan would turn on and off), image would flicker on and off in DJI Go 4, and eventually there was no connection at all but the AC fan would be running and the RC said it was connected. Also, my SD card was not recognized.

So I downgraded and everything started running normally again. I'm not sure if it's an AC or RC issue, but downgrading the AC fixed it. Tempted to downgrade the RC and upgrade the P4 and see what happens, but I prefer to leave it with the ability to fly...

Also, I have not really seen any information to this, so I will share it. If you want to downgrade your RC or AC, you can do it through the DJI Go 4 app. Just press and hold on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right until the screen changes to a downgrade page. Simplifies the process, wish I would have known it before I started the painful process of working the amazing "Assistant 2" program... wow. Also, if you want to downgrade the controller, make sure your P4 is off.

Thanks for all the awesome information provided in this thread.

Looks like I spoke to soon... same problems. My p4 and rc are not talking properly, the rc thinks my p4 is a p3p. Not sure if it's the p4 or the rc. Very frustrating. The p4 fan spins up and down the led by the SD card slot flickers green constantly and the rc shows solid green. The all of a sudden the p4 blinks 2 red, 2green. Sorry my thoughts are all over. What is wrong with this thing??

I've downgraded I've upgrwded, nothing workd. Seems since I started using dji go 4. Feel like throwing this thing away...

I'm also having issues, but I think they're different than what's described here. Is anybody else seeing color banding like this?

Kvu8ROK.png

I'm also having issues, but I think they're different than what's described here. Is anybody else seeing color banding like this?

Kvu8ROK.png
Yep same thing with GO4 in my tablet but the image is fine in my goggles, so my tablet can't keep up. Downgraded to 3.1.3 GO and the video has lag but no pixalation.

After years of releasing decently engineered products why is it so hard for a company the size of DJI to create a simple reliable application to run the devices. All I ever hear is problems with the App. Just get it together DJI !! :eek:

Reactions: Turbomania

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31