Phantom 4 video "distortion" on sand

Reaction score
Hello to all the phantom pilots.
I am a new member of this forum but i have read a lot off your posts in the past for issues or not, about phantom drones.
Now its time for me to post an issue that i am to ...
I have some of distortion when i record video in the beach with the sand...its like a "noise" that shows only on the parts that sand exists...is there any way that i can post you the video to tell me your opinion ?? or does anyone has same problems in the past? is it maybe cause i used the settings on the auto and it has to do with the aperture??
thank you in advance...

“..is there any way that i can post you the video to tell me your opinion ?”

Yes. Upload your video to YouTube, then post a link to it back here.

Reactions: danielos and Oso
Hello to all the phantom pilots.
I am a new member of this forum but i have read a lot off your posts in the past for issues or not, about phantom drones.
Now its time for me to post an issue that i am to ...
I have some of distortion when i record video in the beach with the sand...its like a "noise" that shows only on the parts that sand exists...is there any way that i can post you the video to tell me your opinion ?? or does anyone has same problems in the past? is it maybe cause i used the settings on the auto and it has to do with the aperture??
thank you in advance...
From your description I think what you may be seeing is moire which is aliasing and/or jagged lines in the video. It happens because the chip in the camera can't always deal with intricate lines or patterns or in your case, patterns in the sand.

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do since it's a hardware issue built into the chip. You can try lowering the sharpness and adding filters. Search the forums and you will find what others have tried.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
hello guys.
Thank you all for your response and sorry that it took me a while to post the video.
the problem seem to be at the 00:10 and on when the drone starts moving forward.
am waiting for your comments, thank you again

i didnt actually found any "absolut" solution....
Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer!

It seems most people have better results slowing down the shutter (more motion blur) and reducing the sharpness in the profile setting you are using. This is where custom settings come in handy. Another option is to soften up the image in post if you have that capability in your software. A P4 gives you far more options than a P3. I would experiment with different camera profiles and settings and see how it goes.

It's really just a matter of avoiding those pesky patterns on buildings and on the ground, but sometimes you just can't.

Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer!

It seems most people have better results slowing down the shutter (more motion blur) and reducing the sharpness in the profile setting you are using. This is where custom settings come in handy. Another option is to soften up the image in post if you have that capability in your software. A P4 gives you far more options than a P3. I would experiment with different camera profiles and settings and see how it goes.

It's really just a matter of avoiding those pesky patterns on buildings and on the ground, but sometimes you just can't.

yes indeed but the main problem is that its not happening always even in the settings i use, somethink that makes the situation unstable for knowing exactly what to do. and its a major problem....especially when you are paid for that.... :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20