Phantom 4 v1 poor radio signal and strong image interference

Reaction score
hi, recently i started having problems with my phantom 4 v1, it shows me poor radio signal and strong image interference. when I move the drone it seems to have lag. I tried another control and the problem still, I think is the video transmitter module is the problem,but I don't know where that module is located in the drone.
Also i tried to use an alternative app like lichi, thinking that the DJI GO 4 app is the problem. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Does it look anything like this? This is happening with one of my drones - a P4Pv1. It's the video that gets transmitted back to the screen. The on-board camera footage is fine. I don't think it's the app...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hi, recently i started having problems with my phantom 4 v1, it shows me poor radio signal and strong image interference. when I move the drone it seems to have lag. I tried another control and the problem still, I think is the video transmitter module is the problem,but I don't know where that module is located in the drone.
Also i tried to use an alternative app like lichi, thinking that the DJI GO 4 app is the problem. Has anyone else had the same problem?
DJI Go 4 isn't the problem and you would have the same issue with any other software.
I sometimes see interference issues and find switching to 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz helps.
Switch to whichever the drone isn't using when you have the problem.

i-BFKw9MV-L.jpg

I had that with my v1 P5p too. I just landed and restarted and it usually fixed the issue.

DJI Go 4 isn't the problem and you would have the same issue with any other software.
I sometimes see interference issues and find switching to 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz helps.

i-BFKw9MV-L.jpg

the version of my drone cant switch between 2.4Ghz and 5.8 GHz, only has 2.4GHz frecuency. all the channels shows unstable quality whether close or far away. thanks for your reply.

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-03-17 a las 10.48.22.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-03-17 a las 10.48.22.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
Does it look anything like this? This is happening with one of my drones - a P4Pv1. It's the video that gets transmitted back to the screen. The on-board camera footage is fine. I don't think it's the app...

thanks for yor reply. Sometimes the screen looks like that, not so bad like your video though. And the recording file its perfect. now I can confirm that is not problem of the app, maybe its the drone. How do you fix it? or do you fly with that incovenient?

I had that with my v1 P5p too. I just landed and restarted and it usually fixed the issue.
I have tried a lot of times while I was testing other things and it doesn't fixed, but thanks for sharing your solution.

Have you had a hard enough landing to loosen the antenna connection in the legs? (behind caps on legs). These wires also have plug-in connectors visible under the bottom shell (attached to Gimble assembly). Be careful with ribbon cables during disassembly.

Have you had a hard enough landing to loosen the antenna connection in the legs? (behind caps on legs). These wires also have plug-in connectors visible under the bottom shell (attached to Gimble assembly). Be careful with ribbon cables during disassembly.
I had hard landings but not that bad, when I check the landing gear connections it looks good, same with the ribbon cable, I´ll check again, thanks.

Though I'm not one to throw parts at a problem, after checking the wire connections, a new set of gear legs might be the least expensive attempt of a repair. There is a small circuit board where the wire snaps in place on the leg. Maybe the hard landing made an issue that didn't show up right away. Sounds like you've ruled out the controller by linking another one to it and it had the same issue. I'd recommend sending it in to DJI. If you do any more flying, make SURE your home location is set prior to takeoff... I had a GPS that progressively failed in my P4Pv1 and DJI treated me well also had a pretty fast turnaround.

Last edited:
What does the RF interference in your area look like? WiFi has grown in popularity over the years. I find the original 8 channels is not enough and Auto Switching channels is nearly worthless. In some areas, finding a clear channel can be difficult. Regardless of how rural the area, I always make sure that I'm on a clear channel.

1679155967519.png

1679156102696.png

For this particular site, channel 12 was the clearest of the 32 channels.

D

Reactions: Quarlos
Update. After searching on internet and don´t find an answers to my problem i dicided to try alternative solutions, i tried a specular surface signal booster but didnt work. other was cover the anthenas of the RC with aluminum, for my surprise worked very well. the signal before cover the anthenas was poor all the time, after the aluminum the signal improved. I haven't flown the drone yet so i cant say its a permanent solution, even so its impressive that it works.
If anyone knows why it works it would be very helpful to understand the problem.
here's the evidence.

Update. After searching on internet and don´t find an answers to my problem i dicided to try alternative solutions,

So you didn't read the comments in your own thread when the answers and suggestions were handed to you on a silver platter???

And your "experiment" is highly flawed. All you did was attenuate the signal, which is clearly shown in the histogram that you clearly don't understand. An actual flight would flush this out.

Touché. Consider yourself blacklisted from any help from me.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31