Phantom 4 Unboxing

Looks like a bloated seagull! :D
I wonder if seagulls will now choose not to follow??!?? Maybe Eagles and others birds will now ignore or fly away???

First defect I noticed with the Phantom 4 are those plastic tabs on the top of each motor for the prop connection - they appear to be plastic. Props on and off in all types of weather could cause breakage if not careful.

Looks like a toy compared to the P3. Clearly going for complete mass market domination.

UK

It's not in English though :(

Never knew you could speak another language Msinger.

This sports mode will be interesting.

Now let me get this right.. We can now fly further and faster and not crash... Perfect!! I can now be a hardcore pervert 5km away. I can fly closer between the trees of the apartment. With the active target tracking, I can have one or maybe 2 hands free to have a way with myself anonymously. If she (we'll assume its a she) sees the Phantom, then I can just bang the stick up and outrun 99% of anything from the sky or ground.

All I need now is the digital zoom :)

Here you go. They look extremely similar in size in width (side to side). However, in height, if you look at the base of the motors they are pretty close, but since the Phantom 4 has the motors on top of the plastic, they stick up higher. Finally, considering most existing backpacks place a piece of molded foam on the top portion, I would say all one has to do is remove some of that form in order to have the Phantom 4 fit an existing backpack.

View attachment 45602[/Q

If I was a newbie and wasn't sure which one to buy and based mine off of looks. I would choose the P3 because it looks better and IMHO the P4 looks cheezy

I can't speak German honestly haha
Not you, the German guy in the video. He was describing what we all noticed, even without understanding German. A picture/video is worth 1000 words! :cool:

Wondering about that too but they've been using the same setup on the Inspire 1 for some time with bigger props & motors. I am not aware of reports of the tabs breaking.

First defect I noticed with the Phantom 4 are those plastic tabs on the top of each motor for the prop connection - they appear to be plastic. Props on and off in all types of weather could cause breakage if not careful.

Managed to get our hands on a phantom 4 too. Didn't do a video but got a bunch of photos if you guys are interested in the details:
DJI Phantom 4 Unboxing and First-Look - RC Geeks Blog

Can you share your testing to back up this statement:

"The Phantom 4 camera has been improved in terms of image quality. The new 8-element lens reduces chromatic aberration by 56% and lens distortion reduced by 36% when put compared to the Phantom 3 Pro."

I hope you are not just parroting the marketing folks.

Thanks.

Can you share your testing to back up this statement:

"The Phantom 4 camera has been improved in terms of image quality. The new 8-element lens reduces chromatic aberration by 56% and lens distortion reduced by 36% when put compared to the Phantom 3 Pro."

I hope you are not just parroting the marketing folks.

Thanks.
What's wrong with relying on the marketing? :confused: ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl