Phantom 4 Unboxing

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com

It's not in English though :(

Will do!

First defect I noticed with the Phantom 4 are those plastic tabs on the top of each motor for the prop connection - they appear to be plastic. Props on and off in all types of weather could cause breakage if not careful.

Yeah, it does look much less fragile compared to the Phantom 3.
Yeah, maybe this new "composite" core will fix the cracking reputation that so many experienced with P3. It does look beefier.

I can't find anywhere that states the physical size of the craft. In the videos is looks like it's the same 350mm diagonal size, but it would be good to confirm that. Has anyone seen that anywhere?

I'm chatting with the DJI website and even they don't know the size of the craft. All they know is it's bigger. Has anyone else found the size, in comparison to P3? I'm mostly concerned about being able to put it in a backpack and carry-on airlines. If it's bigger, I have a doubt that's possible. However I've found this side by side video capture that makes them look identical in overall size.

upload_2016-3-1_12-34-37.png

This video shows testing of the tracking feature, and states the GPS mode in P4 is slower than P3. Only the sport mode does 40+MPH.

Last edited:
I'm chatting with the DJI website and even they don't know the size of the craft. All they know is it's bigger. Has anyone else found the size, in comparison to P3? I'm mostly concerned about being able to put it in a backpack and carry-on airlines. If it's bigger, I have a doubt that's possible.

Here you go. They look extremely similar in size in width (side to side). However, in height, if you look at the base of the motors they are pretty close, but since the Phantom 4 has the motors on top of the plastic, they stick up higher. Finally, considering most existing backpacks place a piece of molded foam on the top portion, I would say all one has to do is remove some of that form in order to have the Phantom 4 fit an existing backpack.

COMPARISON SIZE.jpg

Here you go. They look extremely similar in size in width (side to side). However, in height, if you look at the base of the motors they are pretty close, but since the Phantom 4 has the motors on top of the plastic, they stick up higher. Finally, considering most existing backpacks place a piece of molded foam on the top portion, I would say all one has to do is remove some of that form in order to have the Phantom 4 fit an existing backpack.

View attachment 45602

Looks like the P4 camera does not sit as low

Seems the RC has a race switch and an emergency brake button...
These look to be current buttons though, they just changed the function...

Looks like a bloated seagull! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr