Phantom 4 technology

Reaction score
Hi,
A question to any other farmers or possibly anyone which uses a drone to pin point dams, paddocks or livestock. Is this possible to set up points on a DJI phantom which you can send the drone out to check fences, dams, and a mob of sheep for example..?

Kind regards.
Josh Western Australia

Hi,
A question to any other farmers or possibly anyone which uses a drone to pin point dams, paddocks or livestock. Is this possible to set up points on a DJI phantom which you can send the drone out to check fences, dams, and a mob of sheep for example..?
It sounds like you should look into Litchi.
In Litchi, you can program a route that you define by a series of waypoints and you can specify speeds, heights etc and be able to fly the same route again and again whenever you want to go back.

great!! is this an app? sorry I'm new to the drone game.. just not sure if you can program these things and how capable they are yet.. maybe this is the future..

great!! is this an app? sorry I'm new to the drone game.. just not sure if you can program these things and how capable they are yet.. maybe this is the future..
Litchi is an app that allows you to have extra functions for a Phantom to make a very capable combination.
Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
It is particularly good for waypoint missions that can be repeated precisely.
Here's an example of a route I flew recently doing some video reconnaissance of a large site with difficult access.
I could fly it again any time or modify it easily.
i-MH7PZS6-XL.png

yeah ok. this is really good! I can see this being of great help to us as their is many dams to check with water levels, sheep in paddocks, and fences. I think this would be pretty perfect.. and obviously the drone case be alone manually also if needed to go quite low.. Ill look into the website.. appreciate it

To add to Meta4's advice - I too use Litchi, though I'm still learning, you may find searching on YouTube useful to see 'how to' litchi vids and settings. Aside from wandering sheep (ie not in same place each flight) Litchi should serve you well.

yeah ok. this is really good! I can see this being of great help to us as their is many dams to check with water levels, sheep in paddocks, and fences. I think this would be pretty perfect.. and obviously the drone case be alone manually also if needed to go quite low.. Ill look into the website.. appreciate it

Bally, be aware that, if you plan to eventually fly low, Litchi's waypoint altitude settings will be particularly critical. The altitude (above ground level -AGL) is generally based on the starting point. If your route plan has terrain higher than the starting point, your pre set altitude WILL have to take this into consideration.

Best advise is to read all of the Litchi threads in this forum and the Litchi manual (on line). Litchi is powerful, but if not used correctly, can lead to a shorter drone life.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav