Phantom 4 standard slow boot?

Ian you are an amazing person. Not many would do that, especially internationally. Hats off to you my friend!

Sorry to keep pestering you all. After reviewing the fly.dat files. Air uav files. I see no errors. Only thing I can think of is the internal power module in the drone where the battery connects. Would be helpful if someone know the power process of when happens after the battery is powered up.

My guess if I need a new power module inside the drone.

Tested the battery on multimeters and the battery outputs power as soon as it's on. Tested the power leads off the power module in the drone and I get no power for a few minutes.

Is there someone in this group who is semi expert on that panatons electronics?

Sorry to keep pestering you all. After reviewing the fly.dat files. Air uav files. I see no errors. Only thing I can think of is the internal power module in the drone where the battery connects. Would be helpful if someone know the power process of when happens after the battery is powered up.

My guess if I need a new power module inside the drone.

Tested the battery on multimeters and the battery outputs power as soon as it's on. Tested the power leads off the power module in the drone and I get no power for a few minutes.

Is there someone in this group who is semi expert on that panatons electronics?
No you not pester me,,no expert on avionics either or electronics,,I'm thinking you could try replacing the red and black wires with some new wire to start with before replacement of power module.is that where your problem located with multimeter,,,I do have this part if you cant find a local one,,give those red and black wires good wiggle around and magnifying glass on board to check for burns or visible unusual marking
15707391268147886811798124246019.jpg

No you not pester me,,no expert on avionics either or electronics,,I'm thinking you could try replacing the red and black wires with some new wire to start with before replacement of power module.is that where your problem located with multimeter,,,I do have this part if you cant find a local one,,give those red and black wires good wiggle around and magnifying glass on board to check for burns or visible unusual markingView attachment 114965
I'll reflow the solder and check with a multimeter for any breaks on the power leads. I believe some where on that board is where the issue is. Just very odd that the board has to be supplied power for a few minutes before sending the power to the main board and flight controller.

I tested this by unhooking all the ribbon cables except the 3in1 wire from the power board to the 3in1 and I still received power after a few minutes.

I respect the test by plugging in all the ribbon cables but leaving the 3 in 1 power wire disconnected and I got power to the imu and esc after a few minutes.

This is what to lead me to believe it's either the board or like you said the wires on the board.

Well , I thought I had the issue fixed. Come to find out , the main board was / has died. That was the cause for the battery issues , the esc issues and everything in-between. It's to the point where it will not accept a firmware update or even show what firmware was loaded on it using DJI go 4 or assistant.

Question now is , part the entire thing off or five deeper in money to buy a new board.

The main board going out had me replacing both esc , motors , internal ribbon cables , new battery. Could of bought a used P4 at that price.

What would y'all do?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik