Phantom 4 standard slow boot?

Reaction score

P4S. I get no errors. Flies perfect , just odd it started out of no where requiring 2 - 5 minutes to turn on after battery has been turned on. I do not have another battery to try out.

You can check batt health with 5 sec press on battery power button,,,if 4 lights come up batt cell have good health,3 and 2 lights battery tires or something going on with it,,,,you could give it a imu calibration and a gimble calibration to see if it help

Reactions: Recoveryone
Some here including myself used to have long waiting times on start up but not having to wait with the gimble dance,,,,could try chilling your phantom a bit in the fridge before doing imu,,this way being at room or outside temp the start up was faster,,you could try this,,,bit unsure myself why this is occur having long wait time for gimble dance,all those ribbon cables look ok

Yes replaced all ribbon cables twice with 2 new sets. I'm try the fridge method then that don't work I'll use dji assistant and tell it non DJI battery. Even tho it's a official dji battery.

Was just searching on this,,did you use original ribbon sets,cheaper versions don't work due to spacing of ribbon ends,,almost sounds like what you dealing with,,its good it getting power but seems a great delay telling the cam to dance

Yes original cables. But it's the entire craft , not just the gimbal.
Ok I'm trying to eliminate things in my head,,why did ribbons get changed,,is this because of the gimble dance and esc start up delay,,,no crashes ay,,if just happen like out of the blue it could be esc board on the gimble has gone bad,,,have you checked this for burning smell or defections,,,I been searching on this and hard to find anything without replacement of bits
Screenshot_20191007-105849_Google.jpg

What's your location ,,I do have a spare ecs gimble board but me to ship from here take ages depending where you are,,,,no charge for this I do it for free to get you sorted again,,but check local first ,you might find one close to you so no waiting for parts to arrive

Got the entire P4 standard for 100$ from the previous owner. It had no marks on the body , he said it would not arm / spin the motors , gave his esc 2 and 4 errors. Before that it always started , booted up instants. Replaced the cables and that fixed the esc errors but presented slow start up problems.

What's your location ,,I do have a spare ecs gimble board but me to ship from here take ages depending where you are,,,,no charge for this I do it for free to get you sorted again,,but check local first ,you might find one close to you so no waiting for parts to arrive
Tennessee. What is the start up of the drone. Battery , 3in1 module , gimbal , self check or is it always gimbal activated first over anything else.

Got the entire P4 standard for 100$ from the previous owner. It had no marks on the body , he said it would not arm / spin the motors , gave his esc 2 and 4 errors. Before that it always started , booted up instants. Replaced the cables and that fixed the esc errors but presented slow start up problems.
Ay ok when I power up the fan starts then esc chirps the motors causing them to twitch then cam dances,then light sequences begin red yellow green flash on drone rear arms

I can live with the 2 to 5 minutes wait time if need be. She flies great and no errors pop up. Had her best 1 Mile out and 300 feet up and back several times since the repair. Guess I could try ordering more cables and a new battery. See if that fixes it. I could ask DJI bit they just say send it in and charge me 200-400$ to fix it.

It's always bit hard getting these bargains could be anything but your flying so that good,,its not major,,I dig my ribbon set out and take picture so you can compare if your set of ribbons,,as said before some cheap sets just wont work properly and could be causing this,

Ok that good then ,,I be looking at that esc board,,you can only try ,,put it on list of things to get,,,I don't think they expensive,but if get stuck on one just tell out and PM your shipping address and I post mine to you but that take at least 10 days tracked at no charge,me has few spares lying around,,pretty safe I shipped bits all over the world,good fun and happy to help if get stuck:)
Ian
15704026593554443074063769366463.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl