Phantom 4 Remote Controllers

Reaction score
Hi,

I am seeking some clarification on the remote controllers used with the P4P aircraft.

As I understand it, the Phantom 4 Pro - out of the box - came with a remote controller WITHOUT a built in monitor.
The Phantom 4 Pro + is the identical aircraft as the P4P with the exception that it has a remote controller that has a built in monitor.

The Phantom 4 Advance came- out of the box - with a remote controller WITHOUT a built in monitor.
True?
The P4P and the P4P+ are the only aircraft I know of that can use the remote controller WITH the built in monitor.

Do I have this correct?

Can the Phantom 4 Advance also use the remote controller with the built in monitor?
Did the Phantom 4 Advance originally come with a remote controller with the built in monitor?

Thanks........

The Phantom 4 Advance came- out of the box - with a remote controller WITHOUT a built in monitor.
True?

Can the Phantom 4 Advance also use the remote controller with the built in monitor?
Did the Phantom 4 Advance originally come with a remote controller with the built in monitor?
The P4 Advanced could be bought as a + model as well.
The two controllers used by the P4 Advanced were:
GL300E: Built-in display device (5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080, 1000 cd/m2, Android system, 4 GB RAM+16 GB ROM)
GL300C: Tablets and smart phones

Can the P4P use the controller with the built in monitor even though the P4P came(out of the box) with a remote controller without the built in monitor?

Can the P4P use the controller with the built in monitor even though the P4P came(out of the box) with a remote controller without the built in monitor?
You can use the P4 pro with either controller:
GL300E: Built-in display device (5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080, 1000 cd/m2, Android system, 4 GB RAM+16 GB ROM)
GL300F: Tablets and smart phones
It just takes a minute to link with a new controller.
Do a word search in the manual for LINK to see how.

The controllers for the P4 pro V2.0 are not compatible with the original P4 pro.
The V2.0 controllers are:
GL300K: Built-in display device (5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080, 1000 cd/m2, Android system, 4 GB RAM+16 GB ROM)
GL300L: Tablets and smart phones

Both P4P remotes, 300E with screen and standard 300F can be used with all P4 V1 models. P4P/A/S just switch models under advanced settings in app.

1573902646881.png

Reactions: shammel00
As I know it is not possible to get a remote with bigger (8') build in screen. It hasn't been possible until now. Is there something new about that because Inspire has such option. It would be a great market move for DJI. But they must continue to produce Phantoms (big ?).

Nope. Just S/A it would be a cheap replacement though. Lol many here have bought and tried . Felt bad.
That's why I maintain that list of compatible remote controllers. I don't want to see other people accidentally buy something that's not compatible.

FWIW, I own both the P4P and GL300C Ver.B remote controller. I know from experience that it's definitely compatible.

That's why I maintain that list of compatible remote controllers. I don't want to see other people accidentally buy something that's not compatible.

FWIW, I own both the P4P and GL300C Ver.B remote controller. I know from experience that it's definitely compatible.
Thank you. That is my lesson for the day. Which models came with the ver.b? P4A?
Thanks again. Glad you guys are here to step in and correct me. I seem to learn better that way, but it’s not helpful when I give incorrect information. Can’t believe I missed that. The only ver.b I had went with a 4A I sold.
Stuck my foot in my mouth on that one.

Reactions: SIngerham
Reactions: Capt KO
Msinger, your list of compatibile controllers for the P4v2 includes the smart controller
Is it out of beta?
I didn't know it was ever in beta.

Msinger, your list of compatibile controllers for the P4v2 includes the smart controller
Is it out of beta?
As far as I know, the last public release was v01.00.0530 in April. The beta version released in June (v01.00.0565) is the one which added support for the P4Pv2 to the SMART controller. That is when I added the SMART controller to my Controller Compatibility Chart with a note about the RC needing v01.00.0565 or later to work with a P4Pv2.

If something has changed to what I noted above, please let me know so that I can edit my Controller Compatibility Chart. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.