Phantom 4 problem

Reaction score
Haven't flown my Phantom 4 in a month or so. Last time I flew it it did fine. Got it al ready to go. I started.thr motors and when I took off it climbed by itself. I was giving it full down throttle. It did slowly come down and I got it back on the ground. I cut everything off got in a good open area and tried it again. It basically did the same thing. I haven't done any upgrades or recalibrated the compass or anything lately. I was flying in and area where you have to agree to fly there. I always check and agree yes. Never had any trouble before. I have had a vibration at take off. I was going to put new props on but forgot. I will put them on next time I fly. Any suggestions? Thanks

I started.thr motors and when I took off it climbed by itself. I was giving it full down throttle.
Any suggestions?
The best idea is to identify the cause of this incident rather than making guesses.
To do that you'll need to post your recorded flight data which will give us a much better idea of what was going in in that flight.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Thanks for the suggestions. It has the prop hubs that came on it. Should I change them. Where can I buy upgraded ones.
I can recalibrate the imu. Haven't done that in a while.
Meta4. I am afraid you are way over my head on the logs. I will read up on in it and see if I can get it done. I have looked at the logs but never paid much attention to them. I will see what I can find out. If I can't figure this out should I relink and recalibrate everything. This is kind of what I dreaded when I got this drone. I know a lot of thia is way over my head. I have had it a year with no problems.

Thanks for the suggestions. It has the prop hubs that came on it. Should I change them. Where can I buy upgraded ones.
Meta4. I am afraid you are way over my head on the logs. I will read up on in it and see if I can get it done. I have looked at the logs but never paid much attention to them. I will see what I can find out. If I can't figure this out should I relink and recalibrate everything. This is kind of what I dreaded when I got this drone. I know a lot of thia is way over my head. I have had it a year with no problems.
Go to the link I posted and you'll find instructions there.
It's quite simple and only takes 1-2 minutes.
Until you know what caused the incident, all anyone can do is make guesses, many of which are going to be irrelevant.
Relinking and recalibrating things are most unlikely to help at all and are a waste of time.
Identifying the cause is all that matters for now.

Reactions: RodPad and Rick218
I did look at the log at the log. What should I be looking for. The two that I had trouble look like the rest of them to me.
I looked at it again and the height part on the two logs is erratic. It is like it didn't start registering until it was up on the air a ways. Wish I could post it.

I did look at the log at the log. What should I be looking for. The two that I had trouble look like the rest of them to me.
I looked at it again and the height part on the two logs is erratic. It is like it didn't start registering until it was up on the air a ways. Wish I could post it.
You need to post a link to the report that Phantomhelp gave you so that someone with experience at reading flight data can look at it.
Phantomhelp should have given you a report that looks like this:
i-cJ4pmvd-L.jpg

Copy the link (highlighted in red above) and post it here.

The prop hubs should be changed if they don’t have the coil spring style hubs already on the motors. No coil spring, no good. Here’s the link to what you should have. There could be another source besides this one, if someone else knows, please respond.

I have had the same and exactly the opposite happen. It was the stick calibration on my remote control. After I recalibrate it all was fine. Worth a try

Reactions: Phantom 4 111
I will
Post #8 tells you how.
It would only take 5 seconds.
That's what you have to do if you want help.
I will never understand why people fight so hard when logs are requested. Like you stated logs help identify issues! Yet people will spend 50 X the time trying other suggestions! Your willingness to give freely of your time and expertise is a blessing to those of us less informed. Thank you

Reactions: jiminyfixit and J&W
I will

I will never understand why people fight so hard when logs are requested. Like you stated logs help identify issues! Yet people will spend 50 X the time trying other suggestions! Your willingness to give freely of your time and expertise is a blessing to those of us less informed. Thank you
It's a typical example of people asking for you to spend your time to help them but only want to listen to you if you tell them what they want to hear. You can respond until you are blue in the face but they just won't listen.

Reactions: Rick218
I will

I will ever understand why people fight so hard when logs are requested. Like you stated logs help identify issues! Yet people will spend 50 X the time trying other suggestions! Your willingness to give freely of your time and expertise is a blessing to those of us less informed. Thank you
A thought. Some people are not versed in the use of keyboards as well as others.

A thought. Some people are not versed in the use of keyboards as well as others.
Yet they speared an hour asking questions, responding to other suggestions? In minutes, following instructions written so a 5th grader can understand.... they are done...

==I have attempted to download the logs but i am not having any luck. I appreciate the suggestions from those that tried to help. I don't really appreciate Rick218's comments. I have stated I do'n't know a whole lot about downloading, linking and all that. I am not trying to take up anybody's time. I will buy new prop hubs and do what I can. Thank you. Oh and thank you Starz. I appreciate it.

==I have attempted to download the logs but i am not having any luck.
You said you had looked at the flight data ... maybe you haven't?
You haven't asked any questions so someone can help.
And it's the only way to answer the questions from your first post.
I have stated I do'n't know a whole lot about downloading, linking and all that.
It's not something that you have to know anything about.
There are simple instructions in the link I gave you and I showed you how to post the link for the Phantomhelp report.
It's really quite simple and should only take two minutes.
If you are out of your depth using a computer, is there someone you can get to help you?

==I have attempted to download the logs but i am not having any luck. I appreciate the suggestions from those that tried to help. I don't really appreciate Rick218's comments. I have stated I do'n't know a whole lot about downloading, linking and all that. I am not trying to take up anybody's time. I will buy new prop hubs and do what I can. Thank you. Oh and thank you Starz. I appreciate it.
Please try to recalibrate your remote control sticks and gimble roller. You can do it right in the Go 4 app. Very simple, Check YouTube if your not sure how. I’ve had the left stick get out of whack so that if I did not give it full up stick it would fall without any input. Conversely I have had them climb as well where are you could barely bring it down. Both were corrected by doing a stick calibration. Others have had gimbal protectors installed that block the bottom sensors and make it go up. You didn’t just happen to install a gimbal protector underneath, did you? If you did, take it off and try again.

Last edited:
You said you had looked at the flight data ... maybe you haven't?
You haven't asked any questions so someone can help.
And it's the only way to answer the questions from your first post.

It's not something that you have to know anything about.
There are simple instructions in the link I gave you and I showed you how to post the link for the Phantomhelp report.
It's really quite simple and should only take two minutes.
If you are out of your depth using a computer, is there someone you can get to help you?
He did say he looked at the logs! ......
"I did look at the log at the log. What should I be looking for. The two that I had trouble look like the rest of them to me.
I looked at it again and the height part on the two logs is erratic. It is like it didn't start registering until it was up on the air a ways. Wish I could post it."...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.