Phantom 4 problem

==I have attempted to download the logs but i am not having any luck. I appreciate the suggestions from those that tried to help. I don't really appreciate Rick218's comments. I have stated I do'n't know a whole lot about downloading, linking and all that. I am not trying to take up anybody's time. I will buy new prop hubs and do what I can. Thank you. Oh and thank you Starz. I appreciate it.
If you are going to use high tech equipment you need to no something about high tech. If you are not well versed in the use of computers, why not get a friend who is, to help you with that. You can't expect people in this thread to teach you how to use a computer. Once a friend walks you through the suggestions here, you will know how (hopefully) to do it yourself. It is not fair to those who spend their time trying to help you if you are only going to pay attention to those who are not on track as far as diagnosing what the problem is. If you want to do that I have a suggestion that you should be able to try... get a can of car wax and polish the drone and propellers. It should then fly better. I know my '57 Fairlane used to run better when it was polished. No tech know-how required. If you go to your doctor because of a severe abdominal pain and he tells you to go home and cut your toe nails and see if that works, how would you feel?

If you are going to use high tech equipment you need to no something about high tech. If you are not well versed in the use of computers, why not get a friend who is, to help you with that. You can't expect people in this thread to teach you how to use a computer. Once a friend walks you through the suggestions here, you will know how (hopefully) to do it yourself. It is not fair to those who spend their time trying to help you if you are only going to pay attention to those who are not on track as far as diagnosing what the problem is. If you want to do that I have a suggestion that you should be able to try... get a can of car wax and polish the drone and propellers. It should then fly better. I know my '57 Fairlane used to run better when it was polished. No tech know-how required. If you go to your doctor because of a severe abdominal pain and he tells you to go home and cut your toe nails and see if that works, how would you feel?

Really?

Most of us are trying to help, how does this post help anybody?

@bullerman1946,
If you got any new information or questions. Let us know!

This is your thread.

If somebody doesn't like my post, just make it simple click on Report.

Rod

Reactions: Oso and Starz
Not all issues require downloading flight logs. I for one, know this is a remote calibration issue because I've dealt with this before. The OP will need to calibrate the remote using the Go 4 APP and he'll be off and flying again

The best advice is to calibrate your IMU and be sure to calibrate your home point, called doing the DJI dance where you turn in circles, without proper orientation and calibration, no telling where your drone could end up. Don't blame the drone because you failed to do proper preflight requirements.

Really?

Most of us are trying to help, how does this post help anybody?

@bullerman1946,
If you got any new information or questions. Let us know!

This is your thread.

If somebody doesn't like my post, just make it simple click on Report.

Rod

Not sure about your comment "If somebody doesn't like my post, just make it simple click on Report".

How does suggesting he enlist the assistance of a friend who would know more about the computer tech stuff "not help"? He admitted not knowing much about it and doesn't understand how to do some things being requested from others trying to help. All I did was recommend he get help from a friend who can show him how to do it rather than respond with "I don't know how to do it". I feel my suggestion was a good one. My suggestion about the wax was more of a facetious comment making light of the fact that he preferred to buy new propellar mounts thinking that would solve his problem when it is doubtful that has anything to do with the problem. It is more of a control problem and needs to be diagnosed as such. It was never my intent to insult or criticise anyone. Please accept my appologies if I came across that way.

Myself is clever when come to fixing,my computer skills lack bad,its not hard to upload flight log in question but it's also not hard to do few simple checks before upload like imu and possibly rc stick input calibration to see if it correct it first,that's why it's there,if your drone not flying right this is where to start,if symptoms persist then upload to see what goes on,,do we know what imu is for or shall I post what it does just so we all know,have a read on imu and what it does

The op’s prop hub “preference” was my idea. If you read the first post, he mentions that no upgrades have been done and noticed a vibration. Clues. Anyone with a p4 and original prop hubs is at risk, and should replace them. Please point that finger at me.

The op’s prop hub “preference” was my idea. If you read the first post, he mentions that no upgrades have been done and noticed a vibration. Clues. Anyone with a p4 and original prop hubs is at risk, and should replace them. Please point that finger at me.
No fingers pointed. My opinion is I think he should just check to make sure the screws are tight. That may take care of the vibration issue at least temporarily until he corrects the other problem which may be more serious (or not). That way he'll not be spending money on parts he may not use in case he decides the cost of repairing the other issue is too high and scrap or sell for parts. I know the kit is about $10 but what if he swaps out the hubs, tries a repair for the other issue only to find it got worse and the drone lifted up and then fell out of the sky breaking the props and hubs he just bought. Just a thought. Hopefully not what will happen.

Not all issues require downloading flight logs. I for one, know this is a remote calibration issue because I've dealt with this before. The OP will need to calibrate the remote using the Go 4 APP and he'll be off and flying again
The best advice is to calibrate your IMU and be sure to calibrate your home point, called doing the DJI dance where you turn in circles, without proper orientation and calibration, no telling where your drone could end up. Don't blame the drone because you failed to do proper preflight requirements.
The best advice was given in post #4.
Without confirming the actual cause of the issue, making guesses is not the right thing to do.
If you went to a mechanic with a car problem, you want him to identify the issue and fix that rather than making uninformed guesses and trying random "fixes".

Any forum post about a drone issue will always get lots of people trying to be helpful but giving poor advice as seen in this thread.
There are a few possible causes of what the OP reported and IMU calibration is probably the least likely one.
be sure to calibrate your home point, called doing the DJI dance where you turn in circles, without proper orientation and calibration, no telling where your drone could end up. Don't blame the drone because you failed to do proper preflight requirements.
You can't "calibrate your home point".
Recalibrating your compass is completely unrelated to your home point accuracy.
This advice is quite incorrect and is an example of the kind of irrelevant suggestions that aren't any help.

That way he'll not be spending money on parts he may not use

Some research into the p4 prop hub issue may be beneficial.
Has nothing to do with the screws.

"Not all issues require downloading flight logs"
Agreed, but in this case. it would take out a lot of guessing, for somebody that is asking for help.

Not sure about your comment "If somebody doesn't like my post, just make it simple click on Report".

How does suggesting he enlist the assistance of a friend who would know more about the computer tech stuff "not help"? He admitted not knowing much about it and doesn't understand how to do some things being requested from others trying to help. All I did was recommend he get help from a friend who can show him how to do it rather than respond with "I don't know how to do it". I feel my suggestion was a good one. My suggestion about the wax was more of a facetious comment making light of the fact that he preferred to buy new propellar mounts thinking that would solve his problem when it is doubtful that has anything to do with the problem. It is more of a control problem and needs to be diagnosed as such. It was never my intent to insult or criticise anyone. Please accept my appologies if I came across that way.

I do accept your missed spelled apologies. ;)

"Not sure about your comment" "If somebody doesn't like my post, just make it simple click on Report".
Report?, same area as Like and Reply, but to the left.

What I was seeing in this thread?
Lots of random talk that isn't going help OP's current problem.

The OP has already been offended.
"I appreciate the suggestions from those that tried to help. I don't really appreciate Rick218's comments."

It's a typical example of people asking for you to spend your time to help them but only want to listen to you if you tell them what they want to hear. You can respond until you are blue in the face but they just won't listen.

Yes this was also nice!

If the OP does sign on again, which hopefully he does. Info shows last on Friday at 9:30 AM.

Then seeing all of this crap (including mine) while he was out of the room, from friends and foes?
Hopefully he makes a post with more Answers or Questions!! :)
We could all gain or learn something new.

@bullerman1946,
Its your turn... ;)

Rod

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4