Phantom 4 Pro went AWOL

That would be a start.....If you were flying with DJI GO...then you should have a .txt flight log......If Flying with Litchi..it is a .csv file on your device.
I'm attaching the file I think you want....
Was it a windy day?
Stiff wind over 30mph at flight elevation?
ground level it was not windy.... i avoid flying on windy days. I have a question tho. Under the option of find my drone it gives coordinates. I’m assuming that is the drones last recorded coordinates, right?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-07-02_[18-21-42]log.zip
    463.2 KB · Views: 244
Good luck with that. I am going with the guys that worked at DJI and they said to do it. One has probably more drone hours than any other person in the US. They might have a clue. Why not?
I fly my P4P for real estate business 3 to 4 times a week in a 100-mile radius from my home. If the wind gusts are over 35 mph I use the P4 because it's expendable now after 3 years of use. I calibrated the compass on the P4 a couple of years ago when the app said to, but I've never calibrated the compass on the P4P. No problems, ever!

I'm attaching the file I think you want....

ground level it was not windy.... i avoid flying on windy days. I have a question tho. Under the option of find my drone it gives coordinates. I’m assuming that is the drones last recorded coordinates, right?

It looks like it lost a prop or suffered motor failure:

The mobile device DAT file or the aircraft DAT file (when you recover it) - FLY104.DAT - will show exactly what happened.

As for where it ended up - that's in the log:

It looks like it lost a prop or suffered motor failure:

View attachment 112654

The mobile device DAT file or the aircraft DAT file (when you recover it) - FLY104.DAT - will show exactly what happened.

As for where it ended up - that's in the log:

View attachment 112655

View attachment 112656
if I read that chart correctly it’s on the ground, correct? We’ve been back in this area and have seen nothing. What is the typical radius we should expand our search?

if I read that chart correctly it’s on the ground, correct? We’ve been back in this area and have seen nothing. What is the typical radius we should expand our search?

It's going to be within 10 meters of those coordinates. It might be in that tree.

The above chart shows the black line ending at a height of “0”.... that doesn’t mean on the ground?
Not necessarily so. You have to take the altitude with a "grain of salt". It can be off somewhat.

Reactions: amdecker26
The above chart shows the black line ending at a height of “0”.... that doesn’t mean on the ground?

It's not quite that simple. Firstly, you are looking at the wrong axis - the final recorded height is -9.7 meters as shown on the second RH axis. But that's above the takeoff elevation, which was 356 meters AMSL according to the Google Earth DEM. The ground elevation where it landed is 350 meters AMSL, so the expected height reading on the ground there would be -6 meters. The -9.7 meters value is within expected error margins and does suggest ground level, but I would not assume that, especially after a crash landing.

Not necessarily so. You have to take the altitude with a "grain of salt". It can be off somewhat.
My searchers have Found it!!! Thank you to everyone that has responded to this thread. This has been a learning experience. All propellers we’re still on it.

All propellers we’re still on it.
That's great! If you wish to pursue further investigation upload the device .dat as mentioned in Post#25. That should supply a bit more data to go on.

That's great! If you wish to pursue further investigation upload the device .dat as mentioned in Post#25. That should supply a bit more data to go on.
The landing gear is damaged... I’ve found this on amazon. Is this part hard to replace?

Was the location correct - if not, how far off?
To the OP, I hope you get your landing gear fixed but: I think everyone would be interested in the answer to this question... I know I would. TIA

is this flight info stored on the SD?
No. It is on your device, just like the .txt file was. Also there is a much larger file on board the aircraft itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik