Phantom 4 Pro went AWOL

A

is this flight info stored on the SD?
Maybe I should have said "where did you find it?" The answer to that question can be referenced to the map @sar104 posted earlier

The question was simply whether the aircraft was found where I marked it on GE - near the tree - or somewhere else.
I was told it was pretty spot on where map showed. currently the pasture is tall right now and ground visibility was not the best.

Reactions: sar104
Thank you for that. On these forums there is way too much misinformation..Flying with groups I've been told many time I should calibrate my compass. I don't waist my time. I read the manual.

At least on this forum, incorrect information and advice mostly gets corrected pretty well. Not so much elsewhere, I've noticed.

That's the problem with the DJI advice - it keeps changing, both in the manuals for the various aircraft and advice given by their employees. And while they certainly ought to know how their aircraft are programmed and operate better than any of us, the "calibrate when you change location" strategy has no apparent foundation in basic physics. That has led most of us to conclude that it's either not really about location per se, or, especially in view of their conflicting advice, that it's a miscommunication/misunderstanding between their engineering department and some of the technical support/manual writing departments.
Yeah it’s a confusion between compass variation and deviation. Once we understand the difference and realize that calibration corrects for deviation then we can see that moving locations has nothing to do with calibration.

Reactions: sar104

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.