Phantom 4 pro weak transmission signal

Reaction score
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction I can only get out about 8000ft before I loose signal why is this iff the drone is supposed to go 4 miles I've put my phone in airplane mode after I set my home point and I also have the channel set to auto i do kind of live around mountains but wtf I can't even drop below 500agl I've seen people offer remote mods I was thinking about that I see flyhighusa.com does them also I did the updates any thoughts thanks...

Are you flying LOS? If there are any obstacles between your Phantom and remote controller, the range will be decreased and/or the signal could drop. Also, make sure you're positioning the remote controller antennas like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I live next to a mountain and have no issue range-wise. Are you trying to fly over the other side of the mountains? If so, that's not going to work since it'll block the remote controller signal. You must fly LOS.

Can you confirm whether or not you're flying LOS? I don't understand the problem you're facing since you haven't explained much.

You must fly LOS. No mods will allow you to fly with obstacles between you and your Phantom.

Well I called flyinghighusa.com and they said that it's a known issue and says that with the controller mod I'll be able to achieve greater than 8000 feet with obstructions

What kind of obstructions are you referring to? If you're trying to fly through mountains, that won't be possible even with a mod.

These birds are claimed to able fly 4 miles out.If you can't see them 4 miles out in clear visability with 20-20 vision, what use is the claim? Lets say noaa says 10 mile visibility.What I'm asking is if I reach 400ft.altitude at short range, could I see a few miles over a marsh?

Last edited:
Reactions: Richwashere
I have a mountain range behind me im not flying through them where I fly and I have trees also but mainly open I guess they take the remote apart and change the internals and the antennas

These birds are claimed to able fly 4 miles out.If you can't see them 4 miles out in clear visability with 20-20 vision, what use is the claim?
By LOS, I mean there are no obstacles between you and your Phantom. You could easily fly further than your eye can see.

It's crazy when they can claim that these things go 4 miles out they leave out the fact that they tested it and the best possible conditions must have been out in the desert

I have a mountain range behind me im not flying through them where I fly and I have trees
While it will decrease the range, you could definitely fly through trees as long as they are not tightly packed together. Modding the remote controller likely won't add much range unless you're flying LOS.

It's crazy when they can claim that these things go 4 miles out they leave out the fact that they tested it and the best possible conditions must have been out in the desert
It's not crazy. It's science :)

The P4P specs show that range is only possible when the signal is "unobstructed [and] free of interference".

By LOS, I mean there are no obstacles between you and your Phantom. You could easily fly further than your eye can see.
Ok I thought it "really"meant line of sight .I wouldn't try to get an obstacle between me and the bird .You never know what's on the other side plus you can lose your signal.

Reactions: Richwashere

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31