Phantom 4 Pro video not recording for longer than 3 seconds

Reaction score
Dear fellow P4 pro/+ pilots...

Is anyone having problems getting any video footage recorded? I get my drone in the air, hit record, little to nothing happens then after an indicated 3 seconds, stops recording.... Is there a setting/ configuration I am missing, are these drones very particular about what micro SD cards they use (using a Sandisk Extreme 64gb card), and the same happened on 4k and 1080p.

Help!

Thanks,

Craig Nowell

Dear fellow P4 pro/+ pilots...

Is anyone having problems getting any video footage recorded? I get my drone in the air, hit record, little to nothing happens then after an indicated 3 seconds, stops recording.... Is there a setting/ configuration I am missing, are these drones very particular about what micro SD cards they use (using a Sandisk Extreme 64gb card), and the same happened on 4k and 1080p.

Help!

Thanks,

Craig Nowell
this happen to me, try formatting the sd card in the bird

Last edited:
Might try. 32gb card too. Perhaps it can't deal with a 64? Don't have the P4P so don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have contacted DJI... this is my very first drone, and I come from a photography background where high end cameras are so much moreflexible with memory cards. E.g., although my Sony RX1R ii is a UHS1 SD slot with 128Gb support, it will recognise and take a UHS2 card, reading the front UHS1 bus only on the card. The phantom pro will not do that, irritatingly, and DJI info is poor on peripheral, and cross product support information (they have actually acknowledged this). Anyway, I got my 64gb sandisk working in the end after formatting it in my sony camera and then transferring it back to the drone, doing a few test shots and test footages and then formatting it in the drone! Daft, I know, but seems to have sorted itself now. I still think the card reader in the drone is not too flexible, and many novices might format their card in the computer after transferring off files off the card and readying for another subsequent flight. I found thar the drone doesn't necessarily like you doing this, which is a minor but annoying flaw that I think DJI should seek to sort out in a firmware upgrade.

I had the same problem. Turns out it was a problem with the SD card. I switched it out and it works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's amazing to me just how confusing these SD card ratings can be. And on top of that, you need to be careful not to buy counterfeits. You may not be getting what you think you are, if the price seems too good to be true.

I have the same issue on both my 32gb ultra & extreme SD cards.

Just looking for my 16gb that come with the drone to see if I get the same issue.

I get the issue on every video res setting.

Any ideas I could try?

I have the same issue on both my 32gb ultra & extreme SD cards.

Just looking for my 16gb that come with the drone to see if I get the same issue.

I get the issue on every video res setting.

Any ideas I could try?
I have since worked it out. First, when you get a new card, NEVER format it anywhere outside of the drone. Drone only: not even in the PC. 32gb or greater will be formatted as either NTFS or exFAT whereas a computer will default to FAT 32. THIS you need to look out for. DJI drones will not accept U2 cards either, only U1 OR U3 (annoying as the U2 cards are often the fastest ones, like the ultrafast Lexars)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic