Video feed stops within 10 seconds of starting controller and Phantom 4

Reaction score
When I start up Phantom 4, controller, and phone, I have a beautiful full color feed on the phone. 10 to 15 seconds later screen changes to black and white and freezes. I have touched nothing. No buttons or anything on the screen. This happens outdoors, indoors and every other place I have tried. 5 feet or 50 feet away makes no difference. Nothing I have done (so far) has brought back the video. Only way to 'fix', is to re-boot all three devices. I have been on the Phantomhelp website and adjusted phone settings as advised. No change. Have installed (and re-installed) DJI app on 4 different Android phones all with the same result. When flying, video is recorded and so are still pictures. I am able to retrieve them from SD card into desktop computer no problems. Just can't see what exactly I am recording. Drone is out of warranty. I have only flown a total of 6 times, so less than 3 hours in the air. No other problems to this point. Am I missing something? Anyone have any big ideas I can try?? Thanks. Stan

When I start up Phantom 4, controller, and phone, I have a beautiful full color feed on the phone. 10 to 15 seconds later screen changes to black and white and freezes. I have touched nothing. No buttons or anything on the screen. This happens outdoors, indoors and every other place I have tried. 5 feet or 50 feet away makes no difference. Nothing I have done (so far) has brought back the video. Only way to 'fix', is to re-boot all three devices. I have been on the Phantomhelp website and adjusted phone settings as advised. No change. Have installed (and re-installed) DJI app on 4 different Android phones all with the same result. When flying, video is recorded and so are still pictures. I am able to retrieve them from SD card into desktop computer no problems. Just can't see what exactly I am recording. Drone is out of warranty. I have only flown a total of 6 times, so less than 3 hours in the air. No other problems to this point. Am I missing something? Anyone have any big ideas I can try?? Thanks. Stan
Have you been using same usb cord , no metion of you changing it

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Re-charging batteries now, will give it a try and let you know. I have only used cable that came with unit.

Tried 5 different cables, no difference. This morning, I also installed software version 4.2.16 (on 2 different phones) no difference.

Are you able to conect to app long enough to Chek what firmware installed,,,here's picture of mine....it's in general settings under ABOUT down bottom of list,,,,software--don't you mean firmware ?,,it will show with drone off but cause drone off some might say check for updates...very unsure on what you downloaded (4.2.16 ) ???got a good sd card in,,,after you reinstall djigo4 it gives you latest version of app from playstore etc,Um, try relink aircraft to get good conection back,under rc settings in app.........but yes as post #6 mention check those ribbon cables........out of all this I forget to metion try another transmission channel under HD ,can auto it or custom your own channel
Screenshot_20181204-092155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been messing with everything last 2 hours. Same results. All cables look good. Firmware is up to date. The DJI Go App v4.2016 is an older version someone suggested I try. Also have latest version no luck. Tried all the different transmission channels. Thanks for your advice.

Been messing with everything last 2 hours. Same results. All cables look good. Firmware is up to date. The DJI Go App v4.2016 is an older version someone suggested I try. Also have latest version no luck. Tried all the different transmission channels. Thanks for your advice.
Is this drone new ? Get them to change it,,if out of warranty try gimble ribbon set,,must be faulty since you tryed everything and can retive off sd card so just no live view,,mate you got me all thought out,but if something pops in me head I post it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20