Phantom 4 pro v2 plus 2.4 interference issue and firmware issue help!

Reaction score
I just bought the phantom 4 pro v2 plus model. Last few flights I have been getting 2.4 ghz interference and when I get about 400-600 ft away from me it starts breaking up. My Mavic mini 2 on the other hand never has an issue. Also am trying to figure out if its on the right firmware. The current version is v0.4.4.2. Is that the newest for the v2+ controller? Any help would be appreciated. I can’t find much on this issue with the + controller. Thanks for any help or advice driving me nuts.

-allison p.

I just bought the phantom 4 pro v2 plus model. Last few flights I have been getting 2.4 ghz interference and when I get about 400-600 ft away from me it starts breaking up. My Mavic mini 2 on the other hand never has an issue. Also am trying to figure out if its on the right firmware. The current version is v0.4.4.2. Is that the newest for the v2+ controller? Any help would be appreciated. I can’t find much on this issue with the + controller. Thanks for any help or advice driving me nuts.
Firmware shouldn't make much difference.
Interference is common in urban areas.
How is it if you switch to 5.8GHz?

Not urban area rural Missouri. Same if I switch it.
I just received a refurb from DJI from where I'd sent mine in for repair. I was getting flickering/interference on the first test flight out of the box and come to find out it was set on 2.4ghz Custom. So essentially.it was running off only one highly used channel for my area and on the 2.4ghz. Switching mine to 5.8ghz and auto cleared it right up. You might wanna check yours to see if it was set the same way. Auto is usually better for the most part unless it's something you'd prefer to set yourself before every flight which would be kinda aggravating and easy to forget I would think.

It flys good had it a few months bought brand new. Just when I get out just enough it breaks up and sometimes i get a firmware ! Then when I click it it says its good. That’s why I was wondering about controller firmware. Id love to know the version I should have.

also when I go to update on phantom dji assistant 2 the controller shows up but when i click on it the only option I get is basic settings. nothing to do with firmware. The drone itself shows firmware. Is that normal?

Last edited:
There is some information here. If you follow the instructions, you will get a screen on your computer that shows all firmware versions for both aircraft and controller. SD card isn’t part of the picture. At that point, you can determine what version you really have. Keep in mind, updates are not mandatory. You make that decision.

Appreciate it. I watched that video. My drone hooks up to pc and shows firmwares I am at and ones I can download. Yet the controller doesn’t. Only shows basic settings when hooked to dji assisant 2 phantom. Shows no firmware at all. Allows me to do nothing.

I checked the plus V2 controller that I have. It does show that the firmware of V.01.00.04.00 is the latest. Mine is not on that one, as I’m not a firmware update fan. It work fine as it is. I’ll plug it in to the assistant later and see what it does.

Ty so much. I def think something is wrong with my controller or I just need the new firmware. Mine will now connect to dji assistant but to say basic settings. I will be looking forward to your next reply ty!

So I’ve plugged mine into the assistant and got a surprise. Doesn’t show anything related to firmware. Odd. I’ve not seen a product get this kind of screen. Just says”restore factory defaults”. I’m tempted to hit that button to see if I get the regular screen after it completes that process.
I don’t use this controller very much, so it can’t really hurt if something goes wrong.

Well appreciate the help i called dji they tell me there hasn’t been any firmware for the rc since 2019 when it launched so I should be ok. Must be something else causing the interference. thanks again

-allison p.
Same issue here, the problem is your plus RC runs old android firmware (0.4.4.2) unfortunately there is a bug and it can’t upgrade anymore to the latest one (01.00.04.00). When I first bought my p4p v2 plus I upgraded all the firmwares to the latest , my plus remote had the latest one then (01.00.04.00) and I can tell you it was awesome , the transmission image video from the remote control was so perfect, very smooth and without any freezes and video drops, after I’ve made a factory reset to the plus remote control the firmware went back to the first old one firmware (0.4.4.2) because of a bug and then all the problems started. I tried to upgrade it again to 01.00.04.00 with the sd card but without any luck , then one day I decided to send it for a repair to the dji service in Germany because it was useless as a remote control ,the scientists there because they couldn’t fix it they told me that the remote control was running the latest firmware and it was showing only a wrong firmware version and they shipped it back to me as it was before , faulty with very old firmware version. Because it is very very bad as a remote control I’m not using it any more and I decided to buy a smart controller as a replacement for my p4p v2. All I can say is DJI SHAME ON YOU.

Last edited:
Well that sucks lol.. I figured it had to be something like that. I will prolly just get a controller without screen at some point cheap. Smart controller is a little too high. Thanks though for your reply.

I did hit the update button on this controller. It claims to have taken the update, but I still get the same screen as before when connected to assistant. Odd. When connected to assistant, it will not even allow the system to restore factory defaults. It just says failed. From what I can see, the Go4 app is not running current version and I can’t find a way to update that piece of the puzzle. I’ll keep poking at it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20