phantom 4 pro v2 and sdk

Reaction score
hi all, i discovered today that p4pv2 does not support dji's sdk... i contact their support and told me they aren't on the road yet... possible? so i can't use it with pix4dcapture, dd or other survery apps

consider an advice for new customers

I must say this is news to me! So Litchi is also 'off limits' for now? Kinda surprising move from DJI (unless it's just a delay to issue the SDK)

i hope it is a delay too, but my suspect is they want, in future, to relegate sdks for pro drones only (from inspire...) forcing the thousands of customers who now use the p4p (for work) to spend more...

Hanlon's Razor: Do not attribute to malice that which can best be attributed to incompetence. Especially with DJI software.

DJI (along with countless other companies, I'm looking at YOU Apple) has shown that inter organization communication and coordination is an interesting concept that is only occasionally performed successfully.

It's not hard to imagine that the engineers on the P4 V2 decided to do something not supported in an older API. They may have done it with full knowledge that the software wouldn't work or, more likely, the intern playing around on her coffee break may have found it. They may or may not have told the API maintainers (if they still exist) about it. There may in fact be work tickets to fix it. DJI might wait until enough complaints come out. DJI might be refactoring the entire API (oh, goody - more bugs).

It's complicated.

Found this on Drone Deploy's forum. Seems a positive sign.
upload_2018-6-10_16-2-52.png

The Beta version of Litchi released today supports the V2.0. I'm beyond excited.

I didn't get the beta yet weird?
Someone posted on the Litchi user group on FB so I just googled it signed up waited an hour or so checked the play store and there was an update for me and then my v2.0 works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials