Phantom 4 Pro V2.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 109724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109724

Is the V2.0 a good upgrade? Does it actually have a better camera? And finally is it safer and more reliable than the original p4p? (Seeing that it is the second version I would think it is the best p4 ever, since they had time to fix any problems.) What are your thoughts?
1528464761435.jpg

Same camera as the P4P.

Ocusync, different props, different ESC’s, and different firmware are the major changes.

And I almost forgot the new switch/sensor to make sure the battery is latched. The battery also fits very tightly in the housing.

Last edited:
Reactions: gppms and Hounddog
Reactions: Sam Doejaaren
I also like that the battery is harder to get out. No more disconnecting during flight! (I've heard that some people can't get the battery out because the tabs are too hard to push and pull, but I don't have to worry, my fingers are very strong. I also have played guitar since I was 5 years old.)

The Ocusync is probably what will sell it for me. Thanks!
Just to clarify, the lightbridge in the p4p and p4p+ are updated and still have nearly a 4 mile range maybe more with parabolic range extender. I would wait a couple of months to purchase because of future drones will drop price of older phantoms. Good luck shopping!

Reactions: gppms
For anyone who has the DJI Goggles RE (and DJI Goggles as soon as DJI updates the firmware), they can wirelessly connect to the P4P V2 via OcuSync. That would be a great benefit for anyone who often flies with DJI Goggles. I know I really appreciate that convenient connection when flying my Mavic Pro with my DJI Goggles.

For anyone who has the DJI Goggles RE (and DJI Goggles as soon as DJI updates the firmware), they can wirelessly connect to the P4P V2 via OcuSync. That would be a great benefit for anyone who often flies with DJI Goggles. I know I really appreciate that convenient connection when flying my Mavic Pro with my DJI Goggles.
I agree this is a very nice benefit, I love my Mavic pro, very nice not to have to use a cord to connect goggles. Excellent point there, though the goggles will run you nearly 300 USD it’s a great investment for serious pilots. ;)

though the goggles will run you nearly 300 USD
Yep! That's down from $449 when I purchased my DJI Goggles. Even at $300, it's a steal if you compare them against other goggles with similar features.

Yep! That's down from $449 when I purchased my DJI Goggles. Even at $300, it's a steal if you compare them against other goggles with similar features.
You are absolutely correct, much better deal now than it was (and massive amount of features, even 1080p resolution)

I also like that the battery is harder to get out. No more disconnecting during flight! (I've heard that some people can't get the battery out because the tabs are too hard to push and pull, but I don't have to worry, my fingers are very strong. I also have played guitar since I was 5 years old.)
It's not hard to get out .nor does it make it harder to get out...all there really is it just a added sensor on the bottom part of the battery Hull on the inside of drone. and basically if your battery is not fully inserted it will not let you take off..... for the people that cannot get their batteries out or the tabs being hard that is just " tolerances " and qc.... some batteries are harder than others to pull out.

I can tell you that either buy the normal p4p for the lower price or wait for the phantom 5 or mavic 2 for a better camera.
Current indications are that the Mavic 2 will have a smaller sensor than the P4 pro and the P5 will have the same camera but may have interchangeable lenses.

Reactions: gppms
I have the p4p v1 and the goggles RE , no issues at all.I connect them with a cable with the rc but this is not a big issue for me, they work excellent.

P4P v1 here. Not a single disconnection and an excellent range (8 KM) without issues at all.Plus i prefer the P4P v1 because of the old firmware which i have full unlock it.I'm gone buy just the new low noice props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus